TUNIC
^7Franco Dec 25, 2023 @ 8:31pm
Im not getting achievements?
Nothing is registering for achievements. i dont know why. I have essentially beat the game at this point but i went to check the achievements to see what i had accomplished but i saw that i have 0%. Not even ringing the bell was an achievement. So idk whats going on.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
Perseus Dec 26, 2023 @ 1:01am 
Are you playing on Linux (or Steam Deck) through Proton?
If so, have you tried using a newer version of Proton?

(I think this game supports achievement syncing, so once you solve the issue, you should unlock the achievements you should have.)
^7Franco Dec 26, 2023 @ 10:09am 
No just normal steam, normal pc, i found various forums online and tried their methods (log off, log on), nothing still.
Perseus Dec 27, 2023 @ 2:05am 
Originally posted by ^7Franco:
No just normal steam, normal pc,
Just to double-check, what do you mean by "normal steam"? What about "normal pc"?
^7Franco Dec 27, 2023 @ 11:38am 
Originally posted by Perseus:
No just normal steam, normal pc,
Just to double-check, what do you mean by "normal steam"? What about "normal pc"?
Windows PC, non steam deck, not big window mode, the normal avg way of using steam.
Perseus Dec 28, 2023 @ 1:30am 
Have you tried verifying the integrity of game files? (Library -> Right-click on game -> Properties -> Installed Files -> Verify integrity of game files)
Have you tried restarting you computer?

Also, i'm not entirely sure it matters, but are you playing while connected to the internet?
^7Franco Dec 30, 2023 @ 8:43pm 
Have you tried verifying the integrity of game files? (Library -> Right-click on game -> Properties -> Installed Files -> Verify integrity of game files)

Also, i'm not entirely sure it matters, but are you playing while connected to the internet?

Yeah i tried a lot of things, im playing a new game now, atlas fallen and got achievements for that game. So its just tunic that denied me the glory of completing the game
Perseus Dec 31, 2023 @ 1:33am 

Yeah i tried a lot of things, im playing a new game now, atlas fallen and got achievements for that game. So its just tunic that denied me the glory of completing the game
Just to make sure, do you still want to try to solve your issue with TUNIC's achievements?

To confirm, you meant to answer yes to all three questions in my previous post?

If you open your Tunic save file as a text file, there should be a bunch of lines that look like this :
Achievement_2|1
Are those achievement lines actually there?
Ninita Jun 30 @ 8:04am 
I'm raising this topic from the grave because I'm not getting Achievements either.

Or, more exactly, I'm not getting Achievements anymore. During my first session, I got 5 Achievements but since then, I didn't get any other.

I'm on Windows 10 and, if it helps, here are the achievements lines of my latest save file.

Achievement_1|1 Achievement_3|1 Achievement_2|1 Achievement_33|1 Achievement_4|1 Achievement_36|1 Achievement_35|1 Achievement_7|1 Achievement_29|1 Achievement_5|1 Achievement_6|1 Achievement_8|1 Achievement_9|1 Achievement_10|1 Achievement_11|1
Perseus Jun 30 @ 8:24am 
Originally posted by Ninita:
Or, more exactly, I'm not getting Achievements anymore. During my first session, I got 5 Achievements but since then, I didn't get any other.
Which achievements did you get?
Is there anything you did since then that you think should have given you an achievement, but didn't?

Have you been playing the game offline after your first session? I don't think that matters, at least not for this game, but checking just in case.
Ninita Jun 30 @ 8:56am 
I got:
A Stick!
What just happened?
A Sword!
It uses stamina
Ding!

I should have:
Dong!
You hear a strange hum
Deep In the Forest
At The Root of The World
High Above the Clouds
What now?
Your gift is accepted
Your pocket feels heavier...
Maybe also Lawnmower and Whoops
Perseus Jun 30 @ 9:02am 
I see, thanks. That's quite a few.
Could you answer the following questions?

Ninita Jun 30 @ 9:11am 
I did the integrity check, then I launched the game, loaded my file and the missing achievements popped. Thank you.
Last edited by Ninita; Jun 30 @ 9:12am
Ninita Jul 1 @ 9:33am 
Well, it happened again and this time, neither integrity check nor restarting the game, Steam or Windows solved the problem. :(
Perseus Jul 4 @ 1:29am 
Well, it happened again and this time, neither integrity check nor restarting the game, Steam or Windows solved the problem. :(
If the problem first didn't exist, then did exist, then stopped, then started again, maybe the problem is temporary?

Another thing, do you have any antivirus that might be messing with the game somehow due to a false positive?
Ninita Jul 4 @ 2:28am 
I didn't notice anything with my antivirus.

I'll try to uninstall and reinstall the game.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
Per page: 1530 50