Europa Universalis IV

Europa Universalis IV

View Stats:
This topic has been locked
Salar Adin Sep 26, 2021 @ 6:02am
Who drew the Mission icons?
I am simply amazed at the Mission icons in the game. I have been through the game files, and simply looking at it is wonderful.

I would like to know who drew it, and if there are high-rez versions of these icons somewhere.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
Salar Adin Jul 12 @ 12:12pm 
UP!
Necro thread and besides what is exactly you want? steam threads aren´t read by Paradox.
LOL Yeah, go to Paradox forums and ask there if you're seriously wanting an answer, but nearly 3 years???? You sure are patient. lol
Puffin Jul 12 @ 1:21pm 
Contact Paradox directly (via email), you had no time or idea to do that for 3 years?
Last edited by Puffin; Jul 12 @ 1:21pm
Cyan Jul 12 @ 1:34pm 
three years are enough to get a license from Paradox and open a gallery with all the mission artworks
Originally posted by Narrowmind:
LOL Yeah, go to Paradox forums and ask there if you're seriously wanting an answer, but nearly 3 years???? You sure are patient. lol
I would have thought people would agree that doing it that way would mean denaturing the value of my question. While I haven't got the answer yet, I haven't ceased to look at these marvelous mission icons, and if not having an answer so soon might allow me to keep contemplating further, then so be it.
Last edited by Salar Adin; Jul 14 @ 9:40am
Marquoz Jul 14 @ 9:43am 
How does it "denature the value of your question" to ask it in the one place you're most likely to get the answer?
Last edited by Marquoz; Jul 14 @ 11:54am
Originally posted by Salar Adin:
...then so be it.
If it weren't for the three years, I would have immediately assumed a joke thread. It's still hard not to! :winter2019joyfultearssnowman:
I would have thought people would agree that doing it that way would mean denaturing the value of my question.
It "denatures the value of your question" to exclusively ask it on Steam Discussions, the place every game on Steam that has its own official forums doesn't care about in the slightest, and would shut down if they had any way of doing so.
Last edited by Totally Innocent Chatbot; Jul 15 @ 12:27am
Rooter Jul 15 @ 2:14am 
From what I can determine the icons are done by a team of 2d artists.

I used Google to find that answer.
Its more efficient but far less interesting than using Steam as a search engine.
The Algorithm for steam forum search attracts varied AI responses yet no answer as you can see above.
Originally posted by Rooter:

Its more efficient but far less interesting than using Steam as a search engine.
The Algorithm for steam forum search attracts varied AI responses yet no answer as you can see above.
Interesting. You mean the reply above (by Innocent ChatBot) is actually by an AI?

Concerning the team of artist, I guess it's the case, but I would be interested in seeing the portfolio of these artists. The art is very coherent across most pictures.
Rooter Jul 15 @ 2:16pm 
Originally posted by Rooter:

Interesting. You mean the reply above (by Innocent ChatBot) is actually by an AI?

Concerning the team of artist, I guess it's the case, but I would be interested in seeing the portfolio of these artists. The art is very coherent across most pictures.

Depends what you define AI as.
Pretending to be intelligent does not mean you are.
No. Some people just enjoy insulting others in an attempt to bait out a response.
Rooter Jul 15 @ 8:55pm 
Originally posted by Totally Innocent Chatbot:
No. Some people just enjoy insulting others in an attempt to bait out a response.

I am sorry if the truth insults you.
Bear in mind my opinion is irrelevant to anyone who doesnt know who I am.
If you answered the question....
Its interesting how defensive people can become when they arent even named.
If you find that insulting I dont know what to really say.
Rooter Jul 15 @ 9:05pm 
Originally posted by Marquoz:
How does it "denature the value of your question" to ask it in the one place you're most likely to get the answer?

Because he asked the Steam forum.
By telling him to ask someone else, the question has been denatured.
The question is still relevant, yet you have redirected the question elsewhere which has changed the nature of the question.
Google is quite good at giving definitions.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
Per page: 1530 50