Once Human

Once Human

It's another ark survival or it's MMORPG?
We will have a good MMO this time or it's another ark, valheim and etc...?
I was waiting a good MMO to play with another people and find players to do the things in the game
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Spud32 Jul 6 @ 3:02am 
It is most likely you will have fun in this game with other people for a while, the long term outlook for this game is still in question, I wouldn't get your hopes up for a good long term MMORPG but it is possible. Best I can say is try it and find out for yourself.
Gyson Jul 6 @ 11:45am 
Originally posted by DaniDarkness:
I was waiting a good MMO to play with another people and find players to do the things in the game

A little under a year ago this game was pretty amazing. But after months of dumbing the gameplay down it's not really a survival game anymore, and it doesn't even have remotely challenging combat any longer.

So what does that leave you with? A game with a 6 week seasonal reset model where you do repetitive tasks on literal checklist to unlock rewards, some of which you'll be able to keep beyond the seasonal reset. You can also build a house on a private instanced island to fill with stuff you collect along the way. And there's a poorly written, low quality story in there for you to click through. All of this set in a visually interesting landscape that will leave you wondering how a development studio could drop the ball so badly.

That about sums up the current version of the game. And I say this as someone who honestly felt an older, vastly better version of Once Human once had a reasonable chance at being nominated Game of the Year, so it's not like I wasn't a fan. But this is how it ended up, unfortunately.
Ex Jul 6 @ 4:33pm 
Theres no dinos.
It was never marketed as a mmo from what I can remember. This has always been marketed as a survival game. From The CBT tests most people will tell you that it is definitely closer to Ark games like it. And if you don't like seasonal wipes then that is going to be a bigger turn off for you.
Gyson Jul 7 @ 11:14am 
Originally posted by Sharkinbear:
It was never marketed as a mmo from what I can remember. This has always been marketed as a survival game. From The CBT tests most people will tell you that it is definitely closer to Ark games like it. And if you don't like seasonal wipes then that is going to be a bigger turn off for you.

The developers (not users) assigned it the MMO on the Steam store page.

But, yes, it's described as a "Supernatural Multiplayer Open-World Survival Game". There are practically no survival elements left in it at this point, however.

It's open-world only to a point, as large sections of the world are closed off depending on which seasonal event is running during that 6 week period.

Still multiplayer and supernatural, though, although embracing Pokemon/Palworld gameplay hasn't really helped the latter. Case in point:

Originally posted by Ex:
Theres no dinos.

There is a dinosaur chef named "Chefosaurus Rex" that cooks for you.
Last edited by Gyson; Jul 7 @ 11:17am
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Jul 6 @ 1:06am