Once Human

Once Human

what kind of pvpve game?
just wanted to ask, because im not sure what type of gameplay this game has after checking the description and trailers

i have played sea of thieves, rust, and fallout 76

sea of thieves is a pvpve game, with a focus towards 50/50, there are events that you can do, that draw in pvp and players, and the high the reward, the higher risk of pvp, i love this format because it gives you a reason to pvp AND do pve

rust is a game that is heavily pvp oriented, with some pve, but the pve serves more as a time gate to allow more time for pvp to take place at the pve events, but most of the game is pvp oriented

fallout 76 is super pve oriented, pvp is an option, but seems to be super discouraged, as you can go for bounties, but its more efficient to just do your own thing

how will this game be? heavy pvp oriented? in the middle? or just mostly pve?
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Spud32 Jul 6 @ 2:39am 
I haven't played either sea of thieves or rust, but based on your description this game sounds more akin to sea of thieves. There are two types of servers in this game, PvE and PvP. Both servers have similar starting options and you can fight players or AI in both. I would say PvP servers are in the middle of the orientation, and PvE servers are much more PvE orientated.
PvP servers similar to Sea of Thieves
PvE servers similar to Fallout 76
Last edited by Spud32; Jul 6 @ 3:27am
from me playing all the betas and demo, i have never once encountered pvp. Thats on both the pve and pvp servers. But on pvp you can kill other players if you activate pvp mode anyways. But i dont normally go on pvp servers.
Gyson Jul 6 @ 11:44am 
Originally posted by 󠀡󠀡᠌ ⁧⁧sinjamin:
just wanted to ask, because im not sure what type of gameplay this game has after checking the description and trailers

i have played sea of thieves, rust, and fallout 76

sea of thieves is a pvpve game, with a focus towards 50/50, there are events that you can do, that draw in pvp and players, and the high the reward, the higher risk of pvp, i love this format because it gives you a reason to pvp AND do pve

rust is a game that is heavily pvp oriented, with some pve, but the pve serves more as a time gate to allow more time for pvp to take place at the pve events, but most of the game is pvp oriented

fallout 76 is super pve oriented, pvp is an option, but seems to be super discouraged, as you can go for bounties, but its more efficient to just do your own thing

how will this game be? heavy pvp oriented? in the middle? or just mostly pve?

There are PvE servers and PvP servers. The PvP servers are not open PvP.

As for descriptions, a little under a year ago this game was pretty amazing. But after months of dumbing the gameplay down it's not really a survival game anymore, and it doesn't even have remotely challenging combat any longer.

So what does that leave you with? A game with a 6 week seasonal reset model where you do repetitive tasks on literal checklist to unlock rewards, some of which you'll be able to keep beyond the seasonal reset. You can also build a house on a private instanced island to fill with stuff you collect along the way. And there's a poorly written, low quality story in there for you to click through. All of this set in a visually interesting landscape that will leave you wondering how a development studio could drop the ball so badly.

That about sums up the current version of the game. And I say this as someone who honestly felt an older, vastly better version of Once Human once had a reasonable chance at being nominated Game of the Year, so it's not like I wasn't a fan. But this is how it ended up, unfortunately.
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Jul 5 @ 6:22pm