Once Human

Once Human

Pre-Launch time useful information
For those counting the hours and still waiting for the developers to make a good communication through steam.

Developer Starry Studio recommends you free up
70 GB of space
on your PC

Once Human release times

On PC, the Once Human release times are set for 2pm PST / 5pm EST / 10pm BST on Tuesday July 9, and 8am AEDT on Wednesday July 9.

Time zone | Launch time (PC)

• Pacific Time (PDT) July 9, 2:00 p.m.
  • Central Time (CDT) July 9, 4:00 p.m.
  • Colombia Time (COT) July 9, 4:00 p.m.
  • Eastern Time (EDT) July 9, 5:00 p.m.
  • Brazil Time (BRT) July 9, 6:00 p.m.
  • British Summer Time (BST) July 9, 10:00 p.m.
  • Central European Summer Time (CEST) July 9, 11:00 p.m.
  • South African Standard Time (SAST) July 9, 11:00 p.m.
  • Eastern European Summer Time (EEST) July 10, 12:00 a.m.
  • Moscow Time (MSK) July 10, 12:00 a.m.
  • Atlantic Standard Time (AST) July 10, 12:00 a.m.
  • Gulf Standard Time (GST) July 10, 1:00 a.m.
  • UTC+7 July 10, 4:00 a.m.
  • UTC+8 July 10, 5:00 a.m.
  • Singapore Time (SGT) July 10, 5:00 a.m.
  • Japan Standard Time (JST) July 10, 6:00 a.m.
  • Korea Standard Time (KST) July 10, 6:00 a.m.
  • Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) July 10, 7:00 a.m.
  • New Zealand Standard Time (NZST) July 10, 9:00 a.m.
Last edited by Alma Negra; Jul 4 @ 6:27pm
< >
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
Sorry for the rest of you not on a good fiber connection. Looks like we will get one hell of a head start haha.
Gyson Jul 5 @ 8:14am 
Originally posted by Credence:
Sorry for the rest of you not on a good fiber connection. Looks like we will get one hell of a head start haha.

The game has dozens of servers, all being brought online at different hours and days as needed. You'll be on a server with anyone else who finished downloading when you did. When slower connections get on they'll have a larger swath of servers to choose from, including new ones that just went online.

Regardless, each server's season only lasts 6 weeks and then it's time to find a new server for the next season, so none of this really matters. It will be musical chairs for everyone.
Unless there is a preload. They did not reveal
Gyson Jul 5 @ 11:29am 
Uh oh, my accurate statement angered someone! Thanks for the points, mystery Santa!

Originally posted by Alma Negra:

I want to say there was a preload for each of the betas, but I can't remember. I'm pretty sure the demo had a preload.
Last edited by Gyson; Jul 5 @ 11:30am
Originally posted by Gyson:
Uh oh, my accurate statement angered someone! Thanks for the points, mystery Santa!

I want to say there was a preload for each of the betas, but I can't remember. I'm pretty sure the demo had a preload.

There was preloads in beta and also in the demo. Not sure it'll be available but I'm hoping for at least 1 day to make it fair to everyone.
No idea if it's true:
There is no option to preload Once Human before launch, but if you had the game installed during the Steam Next Fest beta, do not remove it from your PC. With the demo’s data, you will only need to update your game before playing it at launch.
https://gamersofflimits.com/once-human-release-date-time-system-requirements/
Spud32 Jul 6 @ 2:47am 
Originally posted by Kathanis:
No idea if it's true:
There is no option to preload Once Human before launch, but if you had the game installed during the Steam Next Fest beta, do not remove it from your PC. With the demo’s data, you will only need to update your game before playing it at launch.
https://gamersofflimits.com/once-human-release-date-time-system-requirements/
I am not sure if this is true or not. I have heard from multiple different sources that the demo files would be uninstalled/overwritten on release. Maybe this is just propagated assumption made on the knowledge of previous betas though. Either way the demo was around 30GB and the release version is about 70GB so you would be looking at a 40GB+ update anyway.
Last edited by Spud32; Jul 6 @ 2:48am
Rev-9 Jul 6 @ 6:03am 
I hope there's a pre-download 1/2 days before it launch, not on the day when release.. everyone wants a nice early spot for the territory and beautiful uid with fair condition of course :WhitedayLighter:
Originally posted by Rev-9:
I hope there's a pre-download 1/2 days before it launch, not on the day when release.. everyone wants a nice early spot for the territory and beautiful uid with fair condition of course :WhitedayLighter:
I'm not really worried about that with how easy it is to move your base, and you're going to want to move it as you level up.
Yhtill Jul 7 @ 11:40am 
Originally posted by Silverlock:
Originally posted by Rev-9:
I'm not really worried about that with how easy it is to move your base, and you're going to want to move it as you level up.

I agree but curious as to the cost to move your house (if any). In the demo it showed a cost of '0' currency to move, but if there was never going to be a cost, why have '0' show at all. It would just be a non-cost feature.
Unless it was an 'old concept' that had been abandoned. Not that it's likely to be anything major unless it scales incrementally the more you move.
Originally posted by Yhtill:
Originally posted by Silverlock:

I agree but curious as to the cost to move your house (if any). In the demo it showed a cost of '0' currency to move, but if there was never going to be a cost, why have '0' show at all. It would just be a non-cost feature.
Unless it was an 'old concept' that had been abandoned. Not that it's likely to be anything major unless it scales incrementally the more you move.
Thanks for the heads up I totally missed that bit. I never tried moving between servers I wonder if they might charge for that, but I think it's probably as you said they don't charge for now but they have the code in place in case it's needed in the future.
Yhtill Jul 7 @ 12:07pm 
During the demo at least, there was no option to server move. You actually had to re-roll as there was no option to delete your character (or at least none I could find). You could freely jump between the 'worlds' on the server with the teleport towers.

The cost to move your house (with the '0' value) was the easily gotten energy type currency and likely wouldn't be an issue unless there was an incremental increase and you moved often.
Originally posted by Yhtill:
During the demo at least, there was no option to server move. You actually had to re-roll as there was no option to delete your character (or at least none I could find). You could freely jump between the 'worlds' on the server with the teleport towers.

The cost to move your house (with the '0' value) was the easily gotten energy type currency and likely wouldn't be an issue unless there was an incremental increase and you moved often.

Yeah... you could change servers to play with other ppl or participate in server events across the whole list... even ppl announcing in world chat. This feels pretty cool
Not sure if you'll be able to move your house location though. I guess it's fixed with initial server choice.

The incremental cost seems probable as we have to pay more to jump to far towns and it will end up costing more in the long run. Better try to center as close as possible to the first towns and jump from grid to grid aiming the cosed zones.
< >
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Jul 4 @ 6:20pm