I think SYC is insecure. His parents doesn't think much of JX,  His mother thinks she doesn't care for him. 

To answer your question TamzinMillemni  

I think those parents in laws are old school. They had it rough with their in-laws and then they want to pass it down. My mil was like that.  Thankfully we live abroad so we were spared . My mother on the other hand treats her sons-in-laws very well, even better than her own daughters. Lol. As a result she has very good relationship with them.

People are complex. Some just want to make it difficult for others and they feel they have the power. They make others unhappy because they themselves are unhappy. That's my personal take on this.

I think those parents in laws are old school. They had it rough with their in-laws and then they want to pass it down.

mblgoh:

I think SYC is insecure. His parents doesn't think much of JX,  His mother thinks she doesn't care for him. 

To answer your question TamzinMillemni  

I think those parents in laws are old school. They had it rough with their in-laws and then they want to pass it down. My mil was like that.  Thankfully we live abroad so we were spared . My mother on the other hand treats her sons-in-laws very well, even better than her own daughters. Lol. As a result she has very good relationship with them.

People are complex. Some just want to make it difficult for others and they feel they have the power. They make others unhappy because they themselves are unhappy. That's my personal take on this.

I think you may be right. I've noticed that my parent's generation (and older) want you to have it hard because they had it hard. I've even asked my mum why she is like that to my brother's partners because she is so kind outside of this. She is the type of person to take in other people's kids who need looking after and help strangers and the people around her out. My dad is a different story. He's the epitome of, "if I had to do it the hard way, you have to too". He's like an army dad minus the army part. 

TamzinMillemni:
I think there is a bit of a grey area when it comes to dating friend’s exes. I’ve seen it done well in several dramas to the point where we as the audience are even hoping the characters of the friend and the ex will get together because they actually suit and the context (in regards to when feelings develop, when they get together, if the friend has been low-key sabotaging or hoping for a breakup etc.) was done right.

I think I agree. My whole problem here is with the way the female character approaches this relationship - never supports the FL after the breakup, and literally spends time with the man over her friends after hiding about the meeting, it also looked like she never supported the relationship because she talks about JX behind her back to the man, etc. Had she had a better character or character development, this relationship wouldn't have hurt as much because, at the end of the day, our main leads are happy so people could care less about the side characters. 

I think she doesn’t comfort FL because she already has her  cap set on FL’s ex. She’s too busy scheming how to make him her boyfriend. She feels that there’s no wrong in that. She even said to the other two besties if being with someone she likes is wrong. There’s no wrong in that. It’s just her motive from the start is not good. She pretends to be the good person making excuses for FL but actually adding fuel to the situation, she’s such a schemer. I will severe ties with her if I had a bestie like her. TXM and Lili are more than sufficient . 

You’ve both hit the nail on the head. With the lack of character development of her especially and the ex who seems to be there just to give these two characters something to do in the story; all that’s left is this weird framing/message they are trying to send which is not reflected in what we are actually seeing played out on screen. 

I agree that her fault is that she is a bad friend and since we only see her in scenes where she is obsessing over the ex we don’t know who she is as a person outside of this. Therefore, she just comes across as questionable. Not a villain, but a questionable friend. I also commented on the main page that I wouldn’t want her as a friend/have her close to me as it’s clear she doesn’t have her friend’s best interest at heart. 

Sometimes, not being in the wrong doesn’t mean you are in the right either. 

He annoyed me cause he needed help with money for his family troubles. But yet wants the FL to depend on him and work a humbling job. How is she supposed to help him if she doesn't have the money. Also why was he so quick to take money from the FL friend and not wait for the FL. On top of the fact he hasn't told her about it. He is so manipulative. I'm glad they broke up I 'm on ep 15, but I know he's going to come crawling back