Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

k187

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 16, 2022
Hi Guys,

Seems Xcode 15 doesn't run when clicking on the icon. If you open it from terminal it works fine and the icon has a big circle crossed on it.

But when I try to upload an archived build to App Store Connect I'm getting Operation not permitted. Can anyone confirm this is the same from them? Or maybe it's some permissions issue as a result of the update.

k187

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 16, 2022
nvm looks like it was some keychain issue. The next time I booted it asked me if I canted to use passwords app or use keychain. Then when I built with Xcode it showed the prompt asking for admin password saying Xcode wanted to access a keychain item.

Then it worked :)

k187

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 16, 2022
Submitted to apple fine then right away got 'Invalid Binary'.

ITMS-90111: Unsupported SDK or Xcode version - App submissions must use the latest Xcode and SDK Release Candidates (RC). For details on currently supported versions, visit: https://developer.apple.com/news/releases.

k187

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 16, 2022
Removed Xcode 16 completely, clean install of Xcode 15.4 and same issue. :(

k187

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 16, 2022
Well this sucks, tried everything and it seems it's impossible to submit apps to App Store with Sequoia :(

k187

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 16, 2022
So ended up dual booting Sonoma and using it just for the submission part with Xcode 15.4

Pascal2807

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2024
This problem is caused by macOS 15.0, which I already installed. It did not matter, which xCode version I used. So I organized a cloud access to a Mac (with macOS Sonoma and xCode 15.4) (https://www.macincloud.com), cloned the project from GitHub and archived and sent it to Apple Store connect again. Now, was able to send it to Apple to check it.

k187

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 16, 2022
Dual boot worked. I just keep the other installation for submitting now. With the new file system type in OSX you don't need to allocate a fixed partition size to the other install - it just grows and shrinks as needed - and it can access the other drive if you create a login with the same user ID.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.