Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Populus

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
I’m opening this thread to see if some interesting features brought to macOS, especially automatic window tiling, which could be really useful within iPadOS when connected to an external display.

Aside from window tiling, other interesting features could include having your iPhone notifications on iPadOS, or merge all notifications from all devices; or being able to mirror your iPhone although that seems more difficult within the smaller 11” iPad screen.

Beta testers: if you find any of this macOS 15 features on the first betas of iPadOS 18, just let us know.

Or any macOS Finder feature being ported to the Files app, like the eject button.

Reactions: boston04and07

boston04and07

macrumors 68000
May 13, 2008
Aside from window tiling, other interesting features could include having your iPhone notifications on iPadOS, or merge all notifications from all devices;

This is what I’d like to see the most, personally. I feel like they’re not coming to iPadOS this year since they weren’t announced, which is an annoying omission.

However, I remember that the year they announced that the Weather app was coming to iPadOS, they didn’t say anything about it coming to macOS during the keynote, but then confirmed later in the day that it was (or maybe I have it mixed up and they announced it was coming to macOS) - so maybe there is hope that some things not announced today could be coming.

hajime

macrumors 604
Jul 23, 2007
Despite the excellent hardware of the latest iPad Pro with M4, iPad OS 18 still does not have Window tiling nor improvement in the Files app.

Reactions: ldenning

NEPOBABY

Suspended
Jan 10, 2023
Despite the excellent hardware of the latest iPad Pro with M4, iPad OS 18 still does not have Window tiling nor improvement in the Files app.

iPadOS has had dual pane window tiling for years.

If it doesn't have corner window tiling it's because the elements of windows will become too small for touch and this is a touch based operating system first and foremost.

But it would be great to have on an even larger iPad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.