Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Thomas Davie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 20, 2004
I’ve been experimenting with Stage Manager on a 3rd generation 12.9 IPP and rather like it. But I would like to be able to ‘lock’ or set desktops for various combinations of apps.

I would rather be able to select this group and have it auto populate rather than to set things up manually each time.

Tom

The main program is fully actionable and I can still see what I’ve got in the background

Being able to save configurations would allow me to treat each of these as a separate desktop when using stage manager on an external desktop.

Last edited:
Reactions: boston04and07

Thomas Davie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 20, 2004
I asked a related question earlier - try using the Shortcuts app automate opening your app and documents.
Do you know if shortcuts is powerful enough to be able to specify the size and position of the ‘windows’ within the stage manager limits?

Tom

madat42

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2011
Do you know if shortcuts is powerful enough to be able to specify the size and position of the ‘windows’ within the stage manager limits?

Tom
That would be nice but as far as I know, nope. The only action dedicated to Stage Manager is to enable it. I then rely on the Split Screen action a few times to open two apps at a time. I still have to resize and drag apps into place, but getting it all set up is much faster than trying to do it without the Shortcut.

Reactions: Thomas Davie
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.