Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

turbineseaplane

macrumors P6
Original poster
Mar 19, 2008
A good read from Federico Viticci on why it's time for things to change with regard to iPadOS

tldr

iPad hardware is great .. has been great ... and keeps getting better...
...and it's totally let down by iPadOS and the glacial pace of improvement there.

Note to Apple:
When Viticci is saying it's time for change, you've lost here ...
Please finally do something.

Federico is the biggest iPad evangelist on the planet -- seriously

Reactions: Alameda and Shifts

Shifts

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2019
Haven't read the article yet, but listened to the podcast episode discussing it. Always enjoys Viticci's take, so looking forward to reading this.

My main device is an iPad Pro 11" from 2018, which I really love. Most of the time. But I find it hard to even describe what irks me about using it. There is this calustrophobic sensation that just comes crawling in when trying to do certain things. Have decided to actually start document when that happens, to get a better understanding of where I feel it is failing.

Reactions: Mrs. Jobs

StoneJack

macrumors 68030
Dec 19, 2009
Haven't read the article yet, but listened to the podcast episode discussing it. Always enjoys Viticci's take, so looking forward to reading this.

My main device is an iPad Pro 11" from 2018, which I really love. Most of the time. But I find it hard to even describe what irks me about using it. There is this calustrophobic sensation that just comes crawling in when trying to do certain things. Have decided to actually start document when that happens, to get a better understanding of where I feel it is failing.
working with documents is VERY clumsy. I worked with Teams on iPad and had to share something. OMG, I had to open the file with their app (Pages), save as PDF to Files, then route Teams to Files and only then sharing. In Mac, I'd just drop the file from desktop on Teams and voila.

Alameda

macrumors 65816
Jun 22, 2012
working with documents is VERY clumsy. I worked with Teams on iPad and had to share something. OMG, I had to open the file with their app (Pages), save as PDF to Files, then route Teams to Files and only then sharing. In Mac, I'd just drop the file from desktop on Teams and voila.
Selecting text for copy/paste is fairly awful, for one thing. Especially using touch or the touchpad. Just… wow, it’s bad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.