Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pollycat

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 27, 2004
Since updating to Sonoma, I keep getting the dialogues:

"USBserver would like to access data from other apps"
"NETserver would like to access data from other apps"

after logging in.

Any ideas why these keep asking for access on each reboot and how I can permanently stop them from showing up?

Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-27 at 8.33.22 pm.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-27 at 8.33.22 pm.png
    273.9 KB · Views: 658
  • Screenshot 2023-09-27 at 8.33.14 pm.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-27 at 8.33.14 pm.png
    275.4 KB · Views: 99

Phantom iCloud tabs

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2021
Have a similar message popping up on a Microsoft Word extension. Very annoying, and I would like to find a way to stop it from popping up every time I start Word.

pollycat

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 27, 2004
Part of my problem is that I don't know which program my pop-ups refer to, can't find the corresponding names in the Full Disk Access part of the System Preferences.

Fozzydaz

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2023
I have been getting this exact same issue. I "don't allow" every morning when I log on as I have no idea what these are relating to. Generally, I have found that any pop up like this is not a good thing. Hoping to see an answer come up on this thread soon.

pollycat

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 27, 2004
Found the solution! It's connected to Brother printer software.

Go to Macintosh HD > Library > Printers > Brother > Utilities > Server

then delete the contents of "Server" = USBserver, NETserver, LOGINserver.

Reboot and the popups have gone!

The above three files are apparently legacy 32-bit apps that are installed by the Brother software but not needed at all for the printer to function fully, so are safe to delete.

Stonek

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2023
Hello, I cannot delete them because they are open, what should I do ??

Last edited:

Stonek

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2023
Hello, I cannot delete them because they are open, what should I do ??

Traduction capture = The item “LOGINserver.app” cannot be placed in the Trash because it is open.

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2023-10-07 à 10.53.12.png
    Capture d’écran 2023-10-07 à 10.53.12.png
    20.3 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

pollycat

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 27, 2004
Open the app Activity Monitor (found in Applications > Utilities > Activity Monitor).

You'll see a list of all processes running on your Mac.

Scroll down to find "LOGINserver" and click on it to highlight it.
Then, click on the circle with a cross in it at the top of the window to stop the LOGINserver process.

After doing this, you should be able to delete LOGINserver and empty the Trash to make sure it's gone.

• Love
Reactions: firevsh2o and waw4

Stonek

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2023
It was not possible to remove LOGINserver, I was able to remove NETserver and USBserver.
To delete LOGINserver I had to delete the Server folder in Brother Utilities, I cannot recreate it, is this serious?
How do I recreate the Server folder please ?

pollycat

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 27, 2004
As far as I know, you don’t need the Server folder or its contents as it only contained useless, obsolete items. Your Brother printer will still work fully and reliably without Server.

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
Google search got me to this thread. I was recently seeing the pop ups. Thank you for posting the solution to remove on startup.

bhelmick

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2024
Good stuff here. Starting in Safe Mode is the other way of being able to delete these files

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.