Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

silas_2001

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 30, 2018
Hi, I have bought a used iPhone 13 in Denmark in a resale shop. Now I realise that is has the mmWave antenna, and can’t figure out if it could be a problem here ind Denmark

I don’t know if you guys understand, but it is the little plastic piece on the side. Here in denmark, and pretty sure the rest of Europe, we don’t have that

iMacDragon

macrumors 68020
Oct 18, 2008
UK
The main reason it might or might not be an issue is supported cellular bands, the mmwave part itself will be irrelevant.

https://www.apple.com/by/iphone/cellular/ lists which bands are supported by US phone and EU phone. As far as I can see the US band list seems to be a superset of the EU one, so there probably won't be any technical issue assuming it's properly unlocked etc.

saber32au

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2019
The phone should work perfectly fine across Europe and the world. The key item (following on from the previous post) is ensuring your mobile service provider operates frequency bands compatible with your phone. The frequency bands should be fairly standardised across Europe and your phone should support most if not all bands used across the EU.

If you're really concerned, just google the frequency bands used by a particular country, and ensure the in-country provider connects to those bands..

Not sure what countries you plan to travel to, but I'd be genuinely shocked if your phone didn't work across every EU country (provided it's unlocked). Just gotta get a sim card (or esim) and start traveling!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.