Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sniffies

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 31, 2005
somewhere warm, dark, and cozy
I took about half hour out of my day to sit down and familiarize myself with the new Photos app and all of its options. Overall, I love it. I try to keep an open mind when it comes to major overhauls and redesigns. I don't blindly/automatically dislike something just because it's different or deviates from the conventional.

The pros:
  • Search is vastly improved
  • Sorting/filtering options are plentiful

The only and the biggest con:
  • Can't hide/rearrange the 11 main sections (see attachment)

All I care about seeing is Grid, Albums, Favorites, Media Types, and Utilities. Everything else is fluff.

Group 1.png

Last edited:

sniffies

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 31, 2005
somewhere warm, dark, and cozy
Scroll down all the way to the bottom there is a ā€œCustomizeā€ button that allows you to enable/disable what you see.

Oh jeez, how did I not think to tick those blue little circles?! I guess I should've spent more than half hour familiarizing myself with the app. I feel embarrassed now.

Thanks, man, for the tip though. Now the app looks perfect to me. šŸ‘

bigjnyc

macrumors G3
Apr 10, 2008
Yeah after I played around with it, customized it and just kept the stuff I wanted to see I really like it. looks a lot less cluttered.

Reactions: sniffies

scorpio vega

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2023
Raleigh, NC
Is there any way to get rid of the recent photos? Like if I take a picture for Friday the 5th and create an album I donā€™t need the same photo again in recents. It seems redundant.

Reactions: Fred Zed
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.