Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Content creator Sam Kohl, known as "iupdate" on YouTube, returns on The MacRumors Show podcast this week to talk through our final expectations for Apple's long-awaited "Far out" event.

Subscribe to the MacRumors YouTube channel for more videos

We discuss the iPhone 14 Pro's rumored pill-shaped cutout, always-on display mode, satellite connectivity, and 48-megapixel Wide camera with 8K video recording. We also explore some of the key rumors around the "iPhone 14 Plus," Apple Watch Series 8, Apple Watch "Pro," second-generation Apple Watch SE, and tenth-generation iPad, and touch on debates around Apple event invites, naming conventions, USB-C replacing the Lightning port, and more. See Sam's work on his YouTube channel "iupdate" and follow him on Twitter @iupdate.

Listen to The MacRumors Show via Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Overcast, Pocket Casts, Castro, Google Podcasts, or subscribe by copying our RSS feed directly into your podcast player. You can also watch a video version of the podcast on our YouTube channel. If you haven't already listened to the last episode of The MacRumors Show, be sure to catch up for an in-depth discussion with productivity guru Thomas Frank about the state of getting things done on the iPad Pro and the Mac.

Subscribe to The MacRumors Show for more episodes, where we discuss some of the topical news breaking here on MacRumors, often joined by exciting guests like Jonathan Morrison, iJustine, Ross Young, Ian Zelbo, Jon Rettinger, Rene Ritchie, Andru Edwards, Jon Prosser, and Mark Gurman. Remember to rate and review the show, and let us know what subjects you would like the podcast to cover going forward.

Article Link: The MacRumors Show: 'Far Out' Apple Event Expectations With Sam Kohl

Last edited:

SoldOnApple

macrumors 65816
Jul 20, 2011
The lightning port being replaced with USB C rumour hasn't been too hot recently. But that change is probably due about now, unless Apple plan on making a unique SKU for Europe.

classicalbear

macrumors member
Sep 1, 2008
It’s impossible to get rid of all the ports. For example CarPlay, it’s still not wireless in most cars in 2022 and even those ”supposed gadgets” to make carplay wireless are not reliable or simply don’t work AND are way overpriced, and only sold on the internet…
Apple must switch to USB C, lightning is dead.

WiiDSmoker

Suspended
Sep 15, 2009
Dallas, TX
I’m glad Sam is in this podcast calling out the host. All that backpedaling about “invite NEVER gives a hint” is baffling and embarrassing.

How hard is it to own up that you were wrong? Literally a 10 minute conversation proving again and again how wrong the host was and still couldn’t admit it.

Reactions: SFjohn

spcopsmac21

macrumors 6502a
Nov 9, 2009
With no proof to this, my money is still on “courage” to remove all ports and have it truly 100% wireless
Yea then I’ll switch to android. Courage my ass. Wireless charging is great for setting your crap down and forgetting it.
But having a magnetic mag safe style adapter on the phone would be much better.

TroyTK73

macrumors newbie
Dec 25, 2017
Oro Valley, AZ
I enjoy the podcast in general, but I had a hard time listening to this particular episode due to the guest. Personally, I cannot listen to someone who uses the word "bro" constantly. A pet peeve of mine which means I could not finish listening to this episode.

Reactions: spcopsmac21

Crowbot

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2018
NYC
Yea then I’ll switch to android. Courage my ass. Wireless charging is great for setting your crap down and forgetting it.
But having a magnetic mag safe style adapter on the phone would be much better.
MagSafe USB-C. That would be cool. But the EU would be unhappy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.