Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Some of Apple's iCloud services are experiencing an outage at the current time, according to Apple's System Status page.

iCloud-General-Feature.jpg

iCloud Bookmarks and Tabs, iCloud Calendar, iCloud Contacts, iCloud Drive, iCloud Keychain, iCloud Mail, iCloud Web Apps, and iCloud Storage upgrades are having problems, as is iCloud Photos. Apple says that these services may be slow or unavailable for some users.

There is no word on when a fix might be implemented, but the issues have been ongoing since 2:05 p.m. Eastern Time. We'll update this article when the issue is resolved.

Update 4:52 p.m. ET: Apple says that the iCloud outage issue has been resolved.

Article Link: Some Apple iCloud Services Experiencing Outage [Update: Fixed]

Last edited:

bkervaski

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2012
We gave up on iCloud, Dropbox, and OneDrive ... started using ByteBin ... even in beta it's better than all of these and full linux support to boot :cool:

ouruniverse06131986

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2021
and that’s EXACTLY why I don’t trust “the cloud” I wanted to “leave” all my data in the cloud and “mirror it” to the Mac but, what if someday the cloud disappears.all my data disappears.

gdbleb

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2008
NJ
This is good to hear as I have been missing "Documents" all day today. Its all non-critical stuff. I think I'll bring it all back local when service is restored. Then I'll write another client project plan to "cloud-enable" their enterprise systems. ;)

RalfTheDog

macrumors 68020
Feb 23, 2010
Lagrange Point
and that’s EXACTLY why I don’t trust “the cloud” I wanted to “leave” all my data in the cloud and “mirror it” to the Mac but, what if someday the cloud disappears.all my data disappears.
Cloud drives are for accessing your data when you travel. You don't keep your primary copy on the cloud. You save a working copy to your NAS, then to your cloud accounts. The cloud is fantastic for backups of backups of small documents.

Edited because: Typinng flalure.

bnumerick

macrumors member
Jan 14, 2010
I just had two $1546.15 transactions come through that shows they came from the Online Apple Store for what appears to be orders from months ago. One of the two orders was cancelled before delivery and the other is for my current Mac Studio which is on an installment plan. Anyone else have something like that happen?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.