Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slyronit

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 7, 2020
I am considering installing my work apps on my phone (Teams and Outlook). However, I want notifications from these apps only during certain hours of the day. I know technically it is achievable using focus, but seems to become very complicated because of the following reasons
1. Focus modes only allow blocking notifications for apps that are globally allowed. Not for allowing notifications for apps that are globally blocked. This means I will need to manually block my work apps on the 7 other focus modes I have. Or any new ones that I make
2. What about times when I am not in a specific focus mode? I can’t find a way to block notifications at that time, except disabling globally.

I am sure this is a common use case? Can anyone suggest me what to do?

kitKAC

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2022
You can specifically set times in both Teams and Outlook (or use the same schedule for both) for when the apps are allowed to send you notifications, you don't really need to use a focus mode for that at all.

slyronit

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 7, 2020
I
You can specifically set times in both Teams and Outlook (or use the same schedule for both) for when the apps are allowed to send you notifications, you don't really need to use a focus mode for that at all.
Interesting. That is useful.

Focus mode may have been more useful so that I could turn off/on on demand based on whether I am on holiday etc.

But this is good

kitKAC

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2022
When I'm on hols, I just go into the settings and block notifications for all the days I'm off. I just have to remember to restore the defaults when I'm back at work otherwise Teams only rings on my Mac and not my iPhone.

slyronit

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 7, 2020
When I'm on hols, I just go into the settings and block notifications for all the days I'm off. I just have to remember to restore the defaults when I'm back at work otherwise Teams only rings on my Mac and not my iPhone.
Thanks. I wish they add the ability to sync notifications to your Out of Office status.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.