Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Delolia

macrumors member
Sep 4, 2016
Belgium
very simple but for now, black icon is the only color I like. Other seems like a bad filter on the screen.

I like the option without labels but I hate the fact labels are also removed from app gallery, not sure to Keep that option.

Also , color is not Linked to focus profile so actually it’s a dead on arrival feature because of that for me.

Attachments

• IMG_6998.png
    IMG_6998.png
    617 KB · Views: 370

HouseLannister

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2021
How did you remove labels on small icons?
You don't. Those are large icons. It automatically removes them when you go big. No user preference or anything. I would have liked to have a denser five column layout with smaller icons and no labels, but we aren't going there this year.

Dust-by-Monday

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2021
very simple but for now, black icon is the only color I like. Other seems like a bad filter on the screen.

I like the option without labels but I hate the fact labels are also removed from app gallery, not sure to Keep that option.

Also , color is not Linked to focus profile so actually it’s a dead on arrival feature because of that for me.
Why are the gaps between the icons all different and some icons are even misaligned.

Gix1k

macrumors 68040
Jun 16, 2008
You don't. Those are large icons. It automatically removes them when you go big. No user preference or anything. I would have liked to have a denser five column layout with smaller icons and no labels, but we aren't going there this year.

I knew the label went away with the large icons. Yours don’t look large in the pic here.

PilotTiny

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 19, 2013
United Kingdom
this dark mode is just ugly with the stock icons dark and the rest in color. Looks terrible IMO
You are correct, however this is just the same from when we were transitioning from iOS 6 to iOS 7. New system icons with old designed third party ones. Once iOS18 gets released to the public most third party icons will get updated pretty quickly.

Reactions: Ladyc0524
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.