Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MarcoPhoen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 29, 2024
Good evening, I purchased an iPhone 13 Pro Max in 2024 which has the seals partially raised and torn at the top and bottom.
Do you think it was opened?.
While waiting for a response, I wish you a good continuation of the day.

Attachments

• Schermata 2024-06-29 alle 12.24.14.png
    Schermata 2024-06-29 alle 12.24.14.png
    500.6 KB · Views: 94
  • Schermata 2024-06-29 alle 11.52.23.png
    Schermata 2024-06-29 alle 11.52.23.png
    703.6 KB · Views: 79

MarcoPhoen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 29, 2024
Online Store, but not Apple Store, also because the pro models from previous years are no longer on sale.

DaveS86

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2022
I’d get hold of them first and get them to send a replacement to you, then you can rest assured. In the U.K. there’s laws about returning products within a certain time which this would fall under, I’m sure there is for you if you are outside the U.K.

winxmac

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2021
You seem to have been scammed if the seller told you it was brand new and sealed...

Try checking the serial number on the box to find out if the iPhone has not been activated yet...

And since the seals are broken, you might as well compare the serial number on the box with the serial number of the iPhone...

checkcoverage.apple.com

mac38728

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2024
USA
You seem to have been scammed if the seller told you it was brand new and sealed...

Try checking the serial number on the box to find out if the iPhone has not been activated yet...

And since the seals are broken, you might as well compare the serial number on the box with the serial number of the iPhone...

checkcoverage.apple.com
Some fake iPhones uses real serial numbers so you should be aware of that also. I’d open the box and see how the phone feels. If its not using iOS it’s not a iPhone, simple.

winxmac

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2021
Some fake iPhones uses real serial numbers so you should be aware of that also. I’d open the box and see how the phone feels. If its not using iOS it’s not a iPhone, simple.
For the untrained/new to iPhone, they may get easily deceived by the look and feel... Even the look of iOS has been imitated and applied as a skin on top of android...

I'm just suggesting the quickest way for validation should the seller tell the OP that it was brand new and sealed...

Anyway, if you got something else than what you were promised, try to reach out to the platform or seller to have it sorted or get your money back...

Rainshadow

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2017
Dude… any hesitation… any at all… I’d return it. You are probably hoping to have this phone for a while. If there is a possibility to return, I’d return it.

And I understand there are financial considerations, and some differences based on different countries, but unless it was a killer killer deal, I would get a newer device than a 13 based solely on the satellite texting available on the 14 and later. If you ever get out of cell reception - ever - it could be a life saver and could be a huge benefit.

Spidder

macrumors regular
Dec 31, 2012
If you bought the phone from a reputable online store, then its probably fine to just open the box and see if the product is used and resealed or even fake. Record a video of opening the box just to be safe.

If the online store is not reputable, then leave everything as it is and return it asap.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.