Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

awshucks

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 13, 2023
Whenever I use Command W on my Mac mini M1 to close a tab on Safari, this shows up. It also does this when I use the shortcut on my MX Master 3 mouse thumb button to close a tab. However, if I click the scroll wheel on a tab it is not a problem; it only closes 1 tab. Any suggestions?

Screenshot 2024-06-24 at 10.22.09 AM.jpg

Apathist

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2024
Multiple tabs are apparently somehow being selected without your being aware of it (should be more obvious if you have your tabs displayed in Safari's open sidebar).

I wonder if one of your mouse shortcuts might be triggering the key combination (⌘ or shift + click) that selects multiple tabs. Or perhaps it's just a bug.

Besides the workaround you mention, you could of course also just "X" out of any individual open tab.

Iwavvns

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2023
Earth
Whenever I use Command W on my Mac mini M1 to close a tab on Safari, this shows up. It also does this when I use the shortcut on my MX Master 3 mouse thumb button to close a tab. However, if I click the scroll wheel on a tab it is not a problem; it only closes 1 tab. Any suggestions?

View attachment 2391547
I’ve never used tab groups in Safari, but I’m wondering if those three tabs are in a tab group and pressing Cmd+W is attempting to close the entire group.

Reactions: MacCheetah3
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.