Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today added refurbished iPhone 13, iPhone 13 Pro, and iPhone 13 Pro Max devices to its online store in the United States, offering the smartphones at a discounted price. The iPhone 13 is available starting at $619, the iPhone 13 Pro is available starting at $759, and the iPhone 13 Pro Max is available starting at $849.

apple-refurbished-iphone-13.jpg

The iPhone 13 models initially came out in September 2021, and while they were available at discounted prices in several European countries starting in January, this is the first time that Apple has sold refurbished iPhone 13 devices in the United States.

Apple is offering several configurations of the iPhone 13, iPhone 13 Pro, and iPhone 13 Pro Max, but the company does not appear to be selling refurbished iPhone 13 mini devices at this time. It is likely that the 13 mini will be added in the near future, as the device is sold in European refurbished stores.

Multiple colors and capacities can be purchased as of the time of writing, but stock will fluctuate over time as Apple refreshes what is available, so you may need to check back often if you're looking for a specific color or capacity.

Apple is charging $619 for the refurbished 128GB iPhone 13, which is a 12 percent discount off of the $699 price of a brand new iPhone 13. Apple is no longer selling the iPhone 13 Pro or the Pro Max, but prices are around 25 percent lower than the original price when the devices were new. The refurbished store is the only way to get an iPhone 13 Pro or iPhone 13 Pro Max from Apple.

Refurbished iPhones from Apple are unlocked and can be used with any carrier. Apple outfits all refurbished iPhone models with new batteries, outer shells, and a fresh USB-C to Lightning cable, so they are essentially identical to new in the box iPhones.

Apple offers the same one-year warranty on refurbished iPhone models, as well as the option to purchase extended AppleCare+ coverage.

Article Link: Refurbished iPhone 13 Models Now Available From Apple's U.S. Store

Vref

Suspended
Feb 16, 2023
DHP
That’s not much of a discount for a used phone, think with my firstnet discount and trade in I was around the same price for my new phone a year plus back before the 14 was even remotely out

japanime

macrumors 68030
Feb 27, 2006
Japan
That’s not much of a discount for a used phone, think with my firstnet discount and trade in I was around the same price for my new phone a year plus back before the 14 was even remotely out
I hear what you're saying. But they are in excellent condition. If it weren't for the white-box packaging, a buyer might not even know they are getting a used phone. I've bought these for family members who don't mind having a slightly older phone.

Last edited:

ian87w

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2020
Indonesia
How is it “used” when it has new battery and same warranty as new iPhones?

ZircoBen

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2015
Utah, USA
Pretty good deal? These guys are like Gamestop, you get pennies for your trade and your phone is resold for close to the original MSRP. I'd rather buy a new iPhone than to play that game.
I’ve never once traded in anything to Apple for that very reason; but I’ll still save my money and get a refurb device.

webkit

macrumors 68030
Jan 14, 2021
United States
Pretty good deal? These guys are like Gamestop, you get pennies for your trade and your phone is resold for close to the original MSRP. I'd rather buy a new iPhone than to play that game.

What game? You don't have to trade a phone in order to buy another. Also, I wouldn't call the refurbished phones that close to original MSRP. For example, the original 2021 MSRP of a 128GB iPhone 13 was $829 and you can get the same phone refurbished for $619 or 25% less. It's 15% less than the current reduced MSRP.

A refurbished iPhone comes with a new battery, new outer shell, genuine Apple replacement parts (as needed), and a same-as-new 1 year warranty. If someone is looking to get an iPhone 13 through Apple, there's little advantage to going new versus certified refurbished.

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Looking for a low cost mini 12 to replace a iPhone SE Gen 1. Still too pricy. But eventually it'll hit bottom. :rolleyes:
Pricey? Ok.

Have a look at the Apple iPhone 13‌ mini, considering it hasn’t had as many faults nor buyers remorse enough to meet the threshold to offer refurbished model yet.

Us iPhone 13‌ mini owners really LOVE our iPhone ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.