Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chris4565

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 22, 2018
Hey guys,

I just deleted an app from my iPhone and then canceled the subscription in the popup that automatically came up after the app deletion. Now I went into the App Store and clicked on my profile pic and then I noticed that the list of recently updated apps (at the bottom) was completely gone. I quit + re-launched the App Store --> Still gone. Then I pulled down to refresh and 1 new update appeared. I downloaded + installed it and now it's in the list of recently updated apps.

So it seems like the list is re-populating with any future update now but I still don't understand why it got completely deleted in the first place. Anyone else also experienced this one time? Thanks!

Reactions: NoGood@Usernames

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Recently Updated list eventually updates itself, and removes updated apps that have been in the "Recently Updated" list for some period of time.
I have tried to search for how long that list is kept, but did not find an answer to that. I think it is 14 days after the update, but I don't watch for that.

You were asking about an app that you deleted... I don't think that a deleted app will appear in the list - only apps that have been updated.

chris4565

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 22, 2018
Recently Updated list eventually updates itself, and removes updated apps that have been in the "Recently Updated" list for some period of time.
I have tried to search for how long that list is kept, but did not find an answer to that. I think it is 14 days after the update, but I don't watch for that.

You were asking about an app that you deleted... I don't think that a deleted app will appear in the list - only apps that have been updated.
You are right with both arguments. However, this isn't what the issue is in my case. I had over 20 apps in this list and the list suddenly got deleted completely (even though I update at least 5 apps every single day).

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
Various things will clear the list, and once it’s cleared - the only option is to wait for it to repopulate.

Updates certainly seem to clear it, sometimes restarts but not always. I suppose one could do a study of it for more detail, but… is it really worth the trouble?

stephenschimpf

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2018
San Pedro, CA
I noticed the same thing this morning. At first I thought Apple had redesigned the app, but later concluded that the entire list of updates had been wiped out somehow. I don't remember that ever happening before. I swiped down later and there was one update, and it now appears by itself in the list.

I checked my iPad Pro, and the list looked normal, so whatever happened only affected my iPhone.

chris4565

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 22, 2018
I noticed the same thing this morning. At first I thought Apple had redesigned the app, but later concluded that the entire list of updates had been wiped out somehow. I don't remember that ever happening before. I swiped down later and there was one update, and it now appears by itself in the list.

I checked my iPad Pro, and the list looked normal, so whatever happened only affected my iPhone.
Thanks! So apparently I'm at least not alone with this issue. Something weird is going on with the App Store right now. Just updated an app and it appeared at the BOTTOM of the recently updated list. On top of that, instead of displaying the update date ("today") below the app name, it displayed the version number, what the heck? I quit + restarted the App Store app and now the app is listed at the top again and says "today" below the name, so it fixed itself. But there's definitely some weirdness going on with the App Store at the moment.

NoGood@Usernames

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2020
United States
Same here. One day it was just blank even though the day before it had like 12 apps on it. Since then, when I do update my apps, I have to refresh the updates screen for the updated apps to show up under “Recently updated.” They will just finish updating and stay under the Upcoming Automatic Updates heading until the screen is refreshed. ��🏼‍♂️

LordTerabyte

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2024
Serbia
Same here. One day it was just blank even though the day before it had like 12 apps on it. Since then, when I do update my apps, I have to refresh the updates screen for the updated apps to show up under “Recently updated.” They will just finish updating and stay under the Upcoming Automatic Updates heading until the screen is refreshed. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Where is that section for Recently updated? I can’t even see that…

UliBaer

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2024
Germany
Just happened here on iOS 17.5.1. There was an update for the Edenred-App (absolutely **** app in Germany) and i had to delete that **** and install again, so i don't have to login every time i open the app. After this, the list of recent updates was cleared...

[edit] Maybe important:
This was the last app, that was updated. So i deleted the last app in the list and reinstalled it. Maybe this is the constellation, which causes this to happen?

Last edited:

UliBaer

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2024
Germany
Just had updates for 3 other apps and the list is now filling again and contains now the last 3 updated apps.

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland

LordTerabyte

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2024
Serbia
Same issue on iOS 18 beta. It appears to be an App Store issue.

I would like to posit the conspiracy theory that Apple have messed up their databases (remember all those old photos coming back?) because in Hungary they are currently re-charging people for long-cancelled subscriptions.

(The title of that thread is wrong; it's not an Apple Pay issue.)
it happened to me again yesterday, but this time on my iPad. I think it has to do something with new concept of Apple Account. Strange indeed

Reactions: adrianlondon

chris4565

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 22, 2018
Thanks for your replies, guys! The thing is: Ever since the recently updated apps list got deleted for me (June 14), app updates in general are buggy. For example: Normally, when I click on "Update" to update an app, the app moves down to the recently updated apps list as soon as the download + install is finished. Since June 14 however, most of the time, it still stays up in the updates list for a few seconds and only then moves down to the recently updated apps list.

Also, when updating multiple apps at once ("Update all") an updated app sometimes moves down to the recently updated apps list and then BACK UP to the updates list.

It's super buggy. Anyone else also having buggy updates since their app update history got deleted?

Reactions: LordTerabyte

LordTerabyte

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2024
Serbia
Thanks for your replies, guys! The thing is: Ever since the recently updated apps list got deleted for me (June 14), app updates in general are buggy. For example: Normally, when I click on "Update" to update an app, the app moves down to the recently updated apps list as soon as the download + install is finished. Since June 14 however, most of the time, it still stays up in the updates list for a few seconds and only then moves down to the recently updated apps list.

Also, when updating multiple apps at once ("Update all") an updated app sometimes moves down to the recently updated apps list and then BACK UP to the updates list.

It's super buggy. Anyone else also having buggy updates since their app update history got deleted?
Not really, but the update history keeps disappearing and coming back, lol, eventually these last 2 days it works properly

Reactions: chris4565
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.