Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MitzEclipse

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 26, 2012
Title says it all - contact calls me and I can answer no problem on the AW. But making a call via the AW to the same contact does not work. Happens to anyone, not just a specific contact. Any ideas?

I make the call and the AW appears like it is dialling but then immediately drops the call. Contact does not get any call on the phone.

Using latest (non-beta) OS on iPhone and AW. Any ideas here or is this another AW bug that persists?

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
Title says it all - contact calls me and I can answer no problem on the AW. But making a call via the AW to the same contact does not work. Happens to anyone, not just a specific contact. Any ideas?

I make the call and the AW appears like it is dialling but then immediately drops the call. Contact does not get any call on the phone.

Using latest (non-beta) OS on iPhone and AW. Any ideas here or is this another AW bug that persists?
is this a cellular AW? do you have a cellular plan?
OS versions?

MitzEclipse

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 26, 2012
AW8, no cellular plan, just tethered to iPhone which is in my pocket - no issues with connection. Should be definitely possible

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
well, i can receive calls just fine. how do I check if wifi calling is enabled?
it's a setting on the Phone app on the AW.
since there is no FaceTime app on the AW itself, I assume it uses the phone app, and I do not know, when answering, whether it uses bluetooth or wifi.
I do know that I have answered FT calls on the AW, and I do know that I can make phone calls from the AW, and while I have a U@ with cellular, I do not have a plan, but wifi calling is ON on my AW

MitzEclipse

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 26, 2012
I don’t have a wifi calling setting - see screenshot. I’m on the latest watchOS as well. Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_3185.png
    IMG_3185.png
    93.5 KB · Views: 7

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
I don’t have a wifi calling setting - see screenshot. I’m on the latest watchOS as well. Any ideas?
Do you have wifi calling enabled on your phone? Mine is disabled … don’t know if that has anything to do with it, see if that makes a difference.
And after that, I’d contact Apple

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
Now that you mention it this is something that has been failing for me quite often recently and I've done it without issue in the past.

MitzEclipse

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 26, 2012
Do you have wifi calling enabled on your phone? Mine is disabled … don’t know if that has anything to do with it, see if that makes a difference.
And after that, I’d contact Apple
yes, wifi calling is indeed enabled on my iphone. not sure that makes a difference though as I'm able to receive FT calls on my AW, i just can't make the calls!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.