Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wizec

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 30, 2019
I’m on iOS 18 dev beta 2. RCS is really buggy.

It’s constantly flipping between RCS and SMS. If I close messages it goes back to RCS.

Messages are shown out of order a lot. If I close messages and go back in the order gets fixed.

The keyboard constantly disappears while typing, but only in Messages.

Looking forward to lots of fixes as the beta progresses.

Fenryx

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2009
Orlando, FL
I agree with the previous comment. Also, are all of your devices in beta or do you have any devices not currently using it? I do wonder if having one of the devices with Text Forwarding not have an RCS compatible beta affects RCS being toggled erratically more often. I've restarted my phone and it seems to hold it for long until I mess with an iPad I have not on iPadOS 18.

twx

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2017
Michigan, USA
I’m on iOS 18 dev beta 2. RCS is really buggy.

It’s constantly flipping between RCS and SMS. If I close messages it goes back to RCS.

Messages are shown out of order a lot. If I close messages and go back in the order gets fixed.

The keyboard constantly disappears while typing, but only in Messages.

Looking forward to lots of fixes as the beta progresses.

I have the same experience in Messages with RCS. Reported in Feedback app and hopefully will be addressed in the next update.

Reactions: Wizec

geneo

macrumors regular
Jan 1, 2022
Well the texts and images etc. go well sending to/from messages/RCS. But if I am in an app, and I share a image from it to an RCS message recipient, it gets sent SMS. If I then go into messages, everything I send to that recipient gets sent as SMS from then on - until I delete all the SMS messages up to the last RCS message, then they get sent RCS again. :(

IslesFan

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2013
Long Island, NY
Well the texts and images etc. go well sending to/from messages/RCS. But if I am in an app, and I share a image from it to an RCS reseient, it gets sent SMS. If I then go in messages, everything I no send in messages gets sent as SMS until I delete all the SMS messages up to the last RCS message, then they get sent RCS. :(
Is this with Beta 3?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.