Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
My wife's iPad has 17.1.2 on it and it had had too much data on it to allow an update. I finally got around to clearing off enough space for the iPad to update. The current update is 17.1.5, it senses this and starts the update with an "Update Requested" message, but the gear has been spinning for hours and no download. I've looked on line, restarted the Settings App, restarted the iPad, which is supposed to cancel the update request, but when I go to General>Update it shows Update Requested and the gear is turning. I'm going to let it sit overnight, but am not hopeful will be updated in the morning.

Suggestions? Thanks!

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Maybe updating it through iTunes?
Solved: I talked to Apple yesterday, and the answer was to connect my iPad to my Mac, pull up Finder window, select the iPad and do the update there, where the Mac will perform the download. This worked. I knew about this relationship, use it to back up to my iPad to my Mac, but did not realize that there, the Mac would facilitate the update which it did. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: FeliApple
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.