Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Lamborghini is celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Countach sports car with a new video series involving inspirational personalities, and the latest videos shared today feature Apple's former marketing chief Phil Schiller.

phil-schiller-lamborghini-interview.jpeg

Schiller, who is now an Apple Fellow, said innovative products that stand the test of time have both great design and solve a problem.

"At Apple, we like to exist at the intersection of technology and the liberal arts, and I think that's a wonderful place to be," said Schiller. "It's not just enough to make something — you have to make it in a way that has meaning in people's lives."

In a companion Q&A video on Lamborghini's website, Schiller said the iPod is the project he is the most proud of. When asked if he prefers gas or electric vehicles, Schiller said that while he would always say combustion engines, he is "getting ready for electric" and he is excited to see what companies like Lamborghini can deliver in the space. Lamborghini recently announced plans to release its first fully-electric vehicle after 2025, and Apple has for years been rumored to be planning its own electric vehicle.

As an Apple Fellow, Schiller is responsible for leading the App Store and Apple Events, after helping guide Apple's products and marketing for 30 years.

(Thanks, Benjamin Cartwright!)

Article Link: Phil Schiller Reflects on iPod, Timeless Design, Electric Cars, and More in Interview With Lamborghini

Last edited:

b-dogg

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2009
I somehow doubt Lamborghini will make an electric car for the masses. Electric is here now Phill not 2025 or 2030.

Reactions: ArtOfWarfare

washburn

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2010
pure electric cars are boring, hybrid is where its at (listen to the 918 Porsche engine) and I hope the combustion engine never goes away and they find alternative fuel for it

seriously, all these electric hypercars go so fast but no sound and they all will end up just being too similar, who cares about 1500+ horsepower you don't really need that much, its suppose to be sound/acceleration and electric cars will never beat the previous generations V8/V10/V12s in terms of thrill/excitement

Serban55

Suspended
Oct 18, 2020
making an electric car is also polluting more than gas car...they just moved the pollution from the big city to outside the cities, but outside the cities is part of this world too so...this is just a stage until hydrogen cars
mild-hybrid is the way now for those who dont like electric cars

Last edited:

opeter

macrumors 68030
Aug 5, 2007
Slovenia
They needed to start building all those power plants like 10 years ago.
Yeah, right. And than you read sentences like Germany want to shut down all the nuclear power plants next year (2022). OK, so that means, that the will buy the energy from elsewhere (other countries) or, like Phil likes to say, they will pull all the needed electricity from their asses.

:D ;)

Link to an old news about this:

As The Costs Of Germany’s Nuclear Phase Out Mount, Little Appetite For A Rethink​

b-dogg

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2009
So I wonder, from where will you and all other people pull all the electricity, that is needed for the eletric cars for the masses?

I have 6.2kW Solar PV on my roof. So I generate 30kW a day on good days. This can be dumped into my car battery - for free. Otherwise top it up twice a week over night if needs be.

before I got the PV I’d charge twice a week off peak from midnight to 8am at a cost of €3.50 on average. 5c a unit here night rate with a electricity provider here in Ireland.

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
making an electric car is also polluting more than gas car...they just moved the pollution from the big city to outside the cities, but outside the cities is part of this world too so...this is just a stage until hydrogen cars
Don't you need electricity to make Hydrogen?

kyjaotkb

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2009
London, UK

b-dogg

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2009
This is completely untrue. There are 100 YouTube videos debunking this myth.

Hydrogen cars are a waste of time and hybrids are the worst of both worlds. If you can find a plug to charge your MacBook / iPhone you can charge your electric car right there. Electricity is everywhere already and the dirty parts of the grid can be cleaned up.

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
So I wonder, from where will you and all other people pull all the electricity, that is needed for the eletric cars for the masses?
A tremendous amount of electricity goes into mining, transporting, and refining oil into gasoline - stop spending power doing that and just use it to charge electric cars instead. I've heard some people say that it takes about 50 kWh of electricity just to go from oil in the ground to 10 gallons of gas in a car - that same power could be used to just drive an EV over 200 miles.

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
This is nonsense from the oil companies, who would much rather you continue to depend on them rather than just buy solar panels and an EV and never pay another cent for power again.

You wouldn't consider using a hydrogen fuel cell to power your phone or laptop. You wouldn't use a gas generator to power your TV. So why do you think it's a good idea for your car to be powered that way (it's not. Oil companies today are the same as cigarette companies from decades past. They have nothing left other than to lie and distort, telling you that you shouldn't or can't switch.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.