Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

John Fu

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2018
Taipei, Taiwan
Hi All,

Who wants to try the new OCLP 1.6 beta for your old Mac, you can go to the link below to download, keep in mind, that it is still under development, not the final release version, but it works for macOS 15 beta

WX20240704-092255@2x.png

14vl008

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2023
France
Hello John

Thank you !!!! works iMac 27 Mid 2017 macOS beta 2 !!!! wifi ok !!!! Thanks Thanks Thanks 👍👍👍

basslik

macrumors 6502
Feb 22, 2008
May I ask, thanks.
Running Monterey with OCLP 1.4.2.
Is it possible to leave the NVME drive alone which I'm on Monterey, and keep Monterey as a back up and put in another clean drive and upgrade to Sonoma, then update the new OCLP 1.5.0 package >?
Thank you.

Reactions: John Fu

John Fu

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2018
Taipei, Taiwan
May I ask, thanks.
Running Monterey with OCLP 1.4.2.
Is it possible to leave the NVME drive alone which I'm on Monterey, and keep Monterey as a back up and put in another clean drive and upgrade to Sonoma, then update the new OCLP 1.5.0 package >?
Thank you.
Yes, you can, before you do the installation, please remove all HDDs, only leave the one that you want to install, after you finish, put all HDDs back, and then you will see the boot pick option!

Reactions: basslik

basslik

macrumors 6502
Feb 22, 2008
Thanks so much. Now what about the NVMe that has the OCLP script with Monterey on it, do I leave that in so it can use the boot off of it?

Or do I just use the USb builder again?

kocoman

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2007
Is there a readme on what’s new in this version?

Also why start Apple TV app hangs the machine?
is there still support for hd4000, ivy via the cryptexfixup

Thx

Last edited:

Heindijs

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2021
I don't think they want you to share nightlies. This is unfinished patching software for a unfinished operating system. The avarage Joe shouldn't use this at all!

Reactions: cyberstudio

John Fu

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2018
Taipei, Taiwan
I don't think they want you to share nightlies. This is unfinished patching software for a unfinished operating system. The avarage Joe shouldn't use this at all!
Yes, it is the same as macOS 15 beta, just want to share to someone who like to try, I was wrote it is development version, not the final version

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.