Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jmcrtp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 24, 2024
Is anyone else running this beta and seeing horrible performance in the notes app? I’m on a new M4 11” iPad (1TB model).. This is attempting to update/browse/sync iCloud notes. I have a lot of notes in here (>2000) but do not have any issues on any other devices or versions. Just seeing if others share the same experience and maybe moving toward how we can report this to Apple assuming they are unaware.

One specific issue other than taking forever to sync is when typing it’s like I’m on a slow machine with 100% CPU utilization - I type a sentence and it takes 20-30 seconds for all the letters to show up little by little.

Edit: I’m pretty sure it is using 100% CPU while in Notes now that I’ve been playing with it a while.. The battery is dropping significantly more than it should and the ipad is heating up.

Thank you!

Reactions: Sevcan Alkan

Hyuga

macrumors regular
May 16, 2006
Helsinki or Barcelona
Is anyone else running this beta and seeing horrible performance in the notes app? I’m on a new M4 11” iPad (1TB model).. This is attempting to update/browse/sync iCloud notes. I have a lot of notes in here (>2000) but do not have any issues on any other devices or versions. Just seeing if others share the same experience and maybe moving toward how we can report this to Apple assuming they are unaware.

One specific issue other than taking forever to sync is when typing it’s like I’m on a slow machine with 100% CPU utilization - I type a sentence and it takes 20-30 seconds for all the letters to show up little by little.

Edit: I’m pretty sure it is using 100% CPU while in Notes now that I’ve been playing with it a while.. The battery is dropping significantly more than it should and the ipad is heating up.

Thank you!
It is not unknown issue, apple knows about it.

Some services are completely broken but its also due fact that iPadOS 18 b1 build is really really old.

Reactions: jmcrtp
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.