Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dust-by-Monday

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 24, 2021
Today I noticed that I��m not getting badge notifications on my messages app only for people who aren’t using iMessage.

For iMessage people, the badge appears just fine.

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
Settings can cause non-iMessage messages to be delayed to iPad, until after the message was already opened on iPhone. On your phone, verify that Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding is enabled to your iPad.

If it’s not, the messages might still transfer via iCloud, but due to the delay there’s time for it to be opened on the phone first.

Dust-by-Monday

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 24, 2021
Settings can cause non-iMessage messages to be delayed to iPad, until after the message was already opened on iPhone. On your phone, verify that Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding is enabled to your iPad.

If it’s not, the messages might still transfer via iCloud, but due to the delay there’s time for it to be opened on the phone first.
I meant to post it to the iPhone forum. I’m not using an iPad. Sorry.

Dust-by-Monday

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 24, 2021
Fixed it by enabling messages from unknown senders. It’s weird because even people who are in my contacts were being blocked.

IMG_1569.png

Reactions: splifingate
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.