Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Grobaouche

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 7, 2022
Hello there,

I have an M3 Max (not the fully loaded version) and I started to have problems after macOS Sonoma 14.5 release (even thought I saw there was specific FaceTime bugs supposed to be addressed in this release).

First problem was : when calling / being called, as soon as the connexion was starting to be established the call was hanging up by itself.

I did a complete fresh install (for other additional reasons) and everything went back smooth until recently I had another bug:
Only when it is me calling, when the other person is answering, I have just my face appearing and the connexion screen, but it never starts.
On the other side the person says that it is like the call started, without video and sound from me.

I repaired the disk, I restarted in safe mode, laughed FaceTime, then restarted in normal mode and it worked normally again.

It seems to be a common bug, but I was wondering if others were experiencing some more FaceTime bugs recently ?

kanshu

macrumors member
Apr 11, 2012
I'm having issues with restoring a Facetime call after minimizing it. I can't restore the Facetime call from the dock, nothing happens when you click it. I can only restore the call by right-clicking the Facetime icon on the dock and then Show All Windows.

This is happening on both the M2 Macbook Air and M3 Macbook Pro Max, Sonoma 14.5.

Reactions: Grobaouche
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.