Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daleski75

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 10, 2008
Northampton, UK
Have had to roll back to 17.5.1 on my M4 iPad Pro as the AppStore, imessage, mail, you name it randomly would not let me type at all with the Magic Keyboard.

This looks to be a newly introduced bug as it was not there in b1

Anyone else come across this?

daleski75

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 10, 2008
Northampton, UK
Hello, daleski75

I appreciate your patience! you’re not alone in experiencing issues with the Magic Keyboard on iPadOS 18. I am try to solve your query, here are some steps you can try:

Check for Updates:
Ensure that your iPad Pro is running the latest software updates.
Sometimes, minor updates address specific issues.
Restart and Reconnect:
Disconnect and reconnect the Magic Keyboard.
Restart your iPad Pro to refresh system processes.
Reset Keyboard Settings:
Go to Settings > General > Reset.
Choose “Reset Keyboard Dictionary.”
This won’t delete any data but may help resolve keyboard-related issues.

Remember, software updates can sometimes introduce unexpected issues, but Apple typically addresses them in subsequent updates.

I hope this step is helpful to you.
Tried all of that, no dice, will wait for a few more betas to hit before attempting again.

Killerbob

macrumors 68000
Jan 25, 2008
I updated to iPadOS 18 B3 on my iPad Pro gen. 6 and have had no issues with the magic keyboard or anything else for that matter. I use my iPad Pro as a laptop replacement at work, connected to an external TB Dell monitor via a CalDigit TB dock, and all programs (MSO, browsing, entertainment, etc.) are working.

brsilb

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2018
My M4 iPad will not charge past 58% through the keyboard. Have to charge directly to iPad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.