Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SR 7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 30, 2009
Activity monitor has several "Process names" that say "YES" under Preventing Sleep tab. It fluctuates every so many minutes from BluetoothD to WindowServer to PowerD.

What the heck is wrong with this OS? Apparently countless people have this problem for several years now with zero updates or fixes. Anyone able to fix this issue?

gilby101

macrumors 68030
Mar 17, 2010
Tasmania
Nothing wrong with macOS. It regularly does a dark wake during periods of sleep.

What steps have you taken to determine why your Mac is waking?
Or even that it is waking?

What Mac would help for diagnosis. What are your energy settings? Please give us the output of the command: pmset -g

If you are really stuck (after inspecting your power management log and after web searches for reasons) you could try Sleep Aid.

Last edited:

SR 7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 30, 2009
Power Nap doesn't exist in the settings on M1 MacBook Pro.

SR 7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 30, 2009
Nothing wrong with macOS. It regularly does a dark wake during periods of sleep.

What steps have you taken to determine why your Mac is waking?
Or even that it is waking?

What Mac would help for diagnosis. What are your energy settings? Please give us the output of the command: pmset -g

If you are really stuck (after inspecting your power management log and after web searches for reasons) you could try Sleep Aid.

If I put my MacBook on sleep right now, the MacBook will turn and the screen fully displaying within 20 seconds. I have turned off all the settings under OPTIONS in the battery and also have NEVER selected for wake for network access.

I was wondering why my MacBook battery would drain nearly 40% overnight when I put it in sleep mode.

SR 7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 30, 2009
Even if during idle it goes to a dimmed screen, the screen turns back on completely after a minute.

WebHead

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2004
My iMac i9 won't go to sleep in the first place since 14.5. Being kept awake by Handoff and BTStack.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.