Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thecork

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 25, 2012
Not seen this mentioned elsewhere but looks like live voicemail is working for me in the UK. Of course can’t verify if it’s live elsewhere…

thecork

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 25, 2012
I was prompted to enable it, I'm on EE.
Yes I’m in EE also. I had previously enabled it via the hack in region change to test it, but subsequently changed it all back so it must have been left “on” for me in the background. Happy to see it though, frustrating we’ve had to wait an entire year for it to be enabled!

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
This is apparently working in NZ as well. It looks like the (pointless, in my opinion) country restrictions are being lifted :)

shenfrey

macrumors 68020
May 23, 2010
Are you getting transcriptions also in voice mail? (Not during live voice mail)

DeanL

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2014
London
Just enabled itself for me in the UK! Although I installed the beta when I was in Malta so unsure if it didn’t work until now because of That

Ansath

macrumors demi-god
Jun 9, 2018
England
It might only be during the beta, though, as could be a bug

I’m not saying it is, but just want to put that out there, so people don’t get surprised if it goes away once public release comes out.

shenfrey

macrumors 68020
May 23, 2010
It might only be during the beta, though, as could be a bug

I’m not saying it is, but just want to put that out there, so people don’t get surprised if it goes away once public release comes out.

You could be correct as the website still states US only.

bob24

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2012
Dublin, Ireland
Yes I’m in EE also. I had previously enabled it via the hack in region change to test it, but subsequently changed it all back so it must have been left “on” for me in the background. Happy to see it though, frustrating we’ve had to wait an entire year for it to be enabled!

Just curious as to why you had changed it back. Did the region change to the US break anything else for you? (I am still on iOS17 I was thinking of changing the region to enable it)

Reactions: marliefrugal
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.