Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pmasters

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 15, 2009
Had an issue with Beta 1 at the end. Install went great on day one and system worked flawlessly for weeks until I restarted computer and when I logged in, Wifi tab is turned off and cannot be clicked on. Frustrating to say the least. Couldn't do a reset since internet connection is needed to turn off mac lock.

So I wiped the drive and reinstalled Monterey hoping Wifi worked otherwise it would be an issue with my machine. Reinstalled Monterey and upgraded to Sonoma and restored Time Machine back up through Migration assistant. Wifi works no problem.

Beta 2 drops and installed again, went fine. Hoped whatever caused the Wifi to be unclickable was fixed in Beta 2. Restarted the system to check and same issue persists.

Of note, I am experiencing zero issues with either beta on my Mac Mini M1 or my M3 Macbook Pro.

What could be causing this and are others having issues? I just cant understand why after the upgrade it works fine until I restart the machine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.