Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

traf

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2024
How did you manage to create US Apple account though? I'm stuck as soon as I'm prompted my phone number to be verified, it just rejects Estonian number.

sammy2066

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2007
It works fine with my UAE Apple ID in Germany as well. As someone said, main requirement seems to be a non-EU Apple ID. :)

kvlq

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2015
I switched mine to the US and screen mirroring is working.
Buuut... my subscriptions are missing and also AppStore updates. :(
And then, how can i pay for icloud storage if my account is on US and credit card set to "none" when i switched it (didnt work with EU).

livetofail

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2017
Germany
US iCloud (device) account on both. For "Media & Purchases" I still use my German account. It is not enough to sign into the store with an US account. The device account needs to be from a Non-EU country.
Its enough to use an US Appstore Account.

Currently Im doing the following:

1, im logged in into my german iCloud account
2, for purchases (Appstore) I logged into my US account (iPhone and Macbook)
3, IPhone Mirroring works fine

Whats good: everything regarding ICloud subscriptions like Icloud+ works except apple music and Fitness+ (since its uses the Appstore account for that). Also Im able to update all my apps (had 20 updates since yesterday)

As long as my iCloud storage is available Im happy, for apple music I just buy a us gift card and reedem it.

All issues solved :)

macboy24

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2014
Anybody know if the UK is affected by these restrictions?
I'd like to know this too. Technically we shouldn't be as not in the EU anymore but wonder if Apple will just bundle all of Europe together and lock us out.

LutzRFrank

macrumors 6502
Mar 1, 2011
Germany/Switzerland/France
1, im logged in into my german iCloud account
2, for purchases (Appstore) I logged into my US account (iPhone and Macbook)
3, IPhone Mirroring works fine

Working perfect here too ... and due to the German (Main-) iCloud all One+ and Wallet is still available.

Only check that Appstore account really changed (did not for me after giving the needed additional details...)

👍🏻

ManuCH

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2009
Switzerland
I'd like to know this too. Technically we shouldn't be as not in the EU anymore but wonder if Apple will just bundle all of Europe together and lock us out.

They won't do that, just as they didn't bundle the UK and Switzerland together with the EU when it was about third party app stores.

one more

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2015
Earth
I guess Apple are still interested in rolling these features and the AI out to the EU as soon as possible, as they need to feed their model as much data as they can harvest from a multitude of worldwide sources. I will wait, personally.

LutzRFrank

macrumors 6502
Mar 1, 2011
just realized some weird difference between iPhone and Mac -
on the Mac you can select different AppleID's for

iCloud (can be EU)
Media & Purchases - Music, Podcast and TV (can be EU)
" - Appstore and Books (has to be US for iPhone mirroring)

on the iPhone, only

iCloud (EU)
Media & Purchases (US for iPhone mirroring)

The separation of Media & Purchases is there not possible.

Reactions: kvlq

JuicyGoomba

macrumors regular
May 20, 2021

The UK is still governed by a significant amount of EU rules and regulations, regardless of status within the EU.

So yeah, unless the next government decide to do away with all of those laws, then we're still restricted.

JiggyJaggy

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2020
Yes mine is working fine in the UK. UK Apple ID, both softwares on phone and Macbook both upgraded to latest. Works a charm.

Now was there a way to use your iPhone as a mouse? Genuine question as that would make working remotely so efficient. Use a phone whilst on the go, plonk yourself down on a desk and use your phone as the mouse with iPhone mirroring on the screen the whole time....bliss!

kvlq

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2015
It worked for me with an US AppleID set for Media&Purchases...but now my question is: how can i pay for 3rd party apps subscriptions? Because when i created the US account i chose "None" for credit card, and now it asks for the card details and then it fails (because its an EU card).

LutzRFrank

macrumors 6502
Mar 1, 2011
It worked for me with an US AppleID set for Media&Purchases...but now my question is: how can i pay for 3rd party apps subscriptions? Because when i created the US account i chose "None" for credit card, and now it asks for the card details and then it fails (because its an EU card).
yes, but you need either a US pre-paid card or US iTunes Gift cards - didn't use for some time but there should be findable in Google like MyGiftcardSupply

Reactions: kvlq

lancastor

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2011
Is it possible to use screen mirroring when the camera on the iPhone is acive and is recording a video?

Can I see on the Mac the currently recorded video ob the iPhone?

Or gets the recording stopped when I activate screen mirroring on the Mac,

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.