Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andromedaan

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 10, 2010
I cannot find it by typing it in Spotlight. I also tried typing a bunch of near/relevant keywords, but no luck.
I also opened Finder > Applications > and it was not there.

How do I get it? Must I download it somewhere first or something?
Thanks

andromedaan

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 10, 2010
It may not be available in this version yet.
“may”?

Are we sure?

For others who installed the new macOS 15, do some have it? Because I saw in the other forum threads that some have the app available, and they said it opened but then crashed for them.

NevilleB

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2014
Durban, South Africa
[QUOTE="andromedaan, post: [I cannot find it by typing it in Spotlight. I also tried typing a bunch of near/relevant keywords, but no luck.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Open Finder and type the word “mirror” in the search bar. You will see an option “iPhone Mirroring” appear. Double click on it and then save the icon into the dock for future reference. It doesn’t work at the moment, but I’m sure a future beta release will sort it out.

Last edited:
Reactions: TruthWatcher412

andromedaan

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 10, 2010
[QUOTE="andromedaan, post: [I cannot find it by typing it in Spotlight. I also tried typing a bunch of near/relevant keywords, but no luck.

Thanks

Open Finder and type the word “mirror” in the search bar. You will see an option “iPhone Mirroring” appear. Double click on it and then save the icon into the dock for future reference. It doesn’t work at the moment, but I’m sure a future beta release will sort it out.
[/QUOTE]
I tried that but no such app appears.

tormac21

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2021
I found the app by searching for it, but it doesn't do anything right now. Just bounces. Guess it needs a beta update.

Reactions: xxFoxtail

skwasha

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2007
For those that can't find it, I found it in /System/Applications/iPhone Mirroring.app. However, as others have noted, not working for me currently.

dcp10

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2010
probably worth noting that it's a hidden file for those who aren't finding it.

VitoBotta

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2020
Espoo, Finland
I always wonder how Craig and others can show off new features during the WWDC keynote that are actually not available yet in the dev betas. Could it be that what they show are just fake features with some sort of automation or something to make it look like the feature works?

tormac21

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2021
I always wonder how Craig and others can show off new features during the WWDC keynote that are actually not available yet in the dev betas. Could it be that what they show are just fake features with some sort of automation or something to make it look like the feature works?
Or they are using a version of iOS that is multiple builds ahead of the public developer beta.

Reactions: TiggrToo

eoblaed

macrumors 68040
Apr 21, 2010
I'm definitely looking forward to when they enable it. Excited to try it out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.