Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's embargo on reviews of the iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 13, iPhone 13 Pro, and iPhone 13 Pro Max has now lifted ahead of the devices launching on Friday, giving the first hands-on looks at the company's latest smartphones. In addition to our detailed review roundups, we have gathered together a number of unboxing videos and reviews of the new devices.

iPhone-13-and-13-Pro-Feature-Gold.jpg

The key new features of the devices include a 20 percent smaller notch, brighter displays with ProMotion for refresh rates up to 120Hz, the A15 Bionic chip, longer battery life, and various camera hardware upgrades, as well as new camera software features such as Cinematic mode, Photographic Styles, and Smart HDR 4.

Scroll down for the first iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Pro unboxing and reviews videos from a range of prominent YouTubers.

Videos

For more in-depth impressions, read our iPhone 13 mini and iPhone 13 review roundup, as well as our iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone Pro Max review roundup.

Article Link: iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Pro Unboxing Videos Shared Ahead of Friday's Launch

Last edited:
Reactions: DeepIn2U

sw1tcher

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
I can't decide which one to watch first, MacRumors.
Why watch any of them?

If you've ever seen an iPhone unboxing video, you've pretty much seen them all. It's not as if Apple is constantly redesigning the iPhone packaging and there's some surprise waiting.

Plus, I'd say it takes away from your own unboxing when you get your 1GB iPhone 13 Pro Max.

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I can't decide which one to watch first, MacRumors.
Honestly ... I gained MORE information that's USEFUL (not just about hardware/software but in actual real-world use) from The Verge's initial impressions.

Quality Video through and through, and empirical judgment not super opinionated like MKHD whom lately seems to fit that paid by Samsung profile more and more about every iPhone video he does. Not worth my time watching his videos anymore.

I've also enjoyed The Verge's team in THIS video regarding in-ear true wireless headphone reviews - again less opinionated and thorough.

PS: This just made my choice of hardware this year even MORE difficult: 13 mini / 13 Pro. Pre-order + trade-in screwed me over as PayBright assessed me incorrectly (most likely due to old phone # and home address, which Apple has as correct for 2yrs now).

• Disagree
Reactions: Sanme and alexandr

Spike1999

macrumors regular
May 19, 2020
I’m waiting on MaxTech and David2d, some of the reviews from the list are bland and biast and one particular YouTuber gets over excited as usual ?

FattiesGoneWild

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2019
I would rather watch paint peel then these yearly robotic idiots. Especially with their stupid over the top herp derp surprised faces. Pisses me off Apple sends them so many. One of each color? Really? All 1TB models as well. This is another reason why shortages happen at launch.

alexandr

macrumors 603
Nov 11, 2005
11201-121099
Honestly ... I gained MORE information that's USEFUL (not just about hardware/software but in actual real-world use) from The Verge's initial impressions.

Quality Video through and through, and empirical judgment not super opinionated like MKHD whom lately seems to fit that paid by Samsung profile more and more about every iPhone video he does. Not worth my time watching his videos anymore.

I've also enjoyed The Verge's team in THIS video regarding in-ear true wireless headphone reviews - again less opinionated and thorough.

PS: This just made my choice of hardware this year even MORE difficult: 13 mini / 13 Pro. Pre-order + trade-in screwed me over as PayBright assessed me incorrectly (most likely due to old phone # and home address, which Apple has as correct for 2yrs now).
the mini's cute, but if you haven't spent a day with one — i would strongly suggest doing so. i got one for my wife(and she loves it), but it would be hard for me to go down in size like that.

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Rather see the iPad Mini unbox and review. That's the one that had an overhaul.
Unbox ... really? There's not much to the BOX or packaging anymore ... it's what's inside that counts. screw the packaging and unboxing it. it's basic ... pretty much always has been except for $3500 you spend on junk + devices like the Thom Browne edition Samsungs. Other manufacturers did the same thing ... that Ooh and Ahhhh feeling drops after like 30 days or less, so what's the point?

Again this is where The Verge shine's today ... no senseless (in this age of reducing carbon emissions) does unboxing matter.

• Haha
Reactions: alexandr

Mr. Dee

macrumors 603
Dec 4, 2003
Jamaica
I’ve watched MKBHD and Dieter Bohns reviews of the Pro’s and that’s good enough so far. Waiting on Aaron’s (Zollotech) and that should round things out.

Reactions: brgjoe
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.