Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

childoftheko4n

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2011
I think I posted right after you, but kind of the same thing. What I dont understand is, if my contact doesn't set a poster, and I dont set a poster for them, but I have a contact photo for them...why doesn't it default to using the contact photo, like it did previously? why grey screen when there is a contact photo available?

rorschach

macrumors 68020
Jul 27, 2003
I think I posted right after you, but kind of the same thing. What I dont understand is, if my contact doesn't set a poster, and I dont set a poster for them, but I have a contact photo for them...why doesn't it default to using the contact photo, like it did previously? why grey screen when there is a contact photo available?
Hopefully it's a bug. It has to be because I can't imagine it being intentional. It makes no sense.

Reactions: nanogirl21

Aleksid1

macrumors member
Nov 14, 2017
Is it possible to change grey Call screen and Contact screen in iOS 17? All Contacts, not customizing individual contacts poster image.

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
iOS 17.4 solves this problem. Thebackground of the call screen is a darkened and blurred version of your wallpaper.

Definitely much better than what it was prior. Just did a test call and noticed it’s a blurred version of your Home Screen wallpaper. A step in the right direction at least.

dburkhanaev

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2018
Unfortunately they also let the contact photo take up the whole screen and the UI elements don’t always contrast with the photo colors very well. Why not leave the contact photo in a circle with the dithered wallpaper backdrop? Sometimes simplicity is best.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.