Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stiille

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2024
iOS 17.5.1 caused my iPhone 13 Pro to drain in idle over 20% battery and my battery health dropped from solid 90% to 84% in less than two weeks of using it with iOS 17.5.1
Does anyone else experienced that huge battery health drop on iOS 17.5.1?
I am kinda confused how it can drop that huge amount of percentages in such a short amount of time?

Important note: I do use my iPhone like 5-6 hrs a day - some gaming, news, music/audiobooks - that’s it.

And I noticed that the phone does get more hot after I installed iOS 17.5.1

It’s a shame that this update seems broken for me and “killed” my iPhone that quick.

I wanted to use it until next years iPhone 17 Pro - guess it will be tough until then, with 84% BH.

Curious if anyone else experiencing such huge issues with iOS 17.5.1?

Reactions: brandoman

one more

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2015
Earth
Check your battery stats over the last 10 days in Settings to see if something unusual pops up?

Also, that battery capacity number in Settings is not an exact science and you could get a better picture from a CoconutBattery app if you have a Mac.

Stiille

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2024
No nothing special pops out to drain my battery.
Sadly I don’t have a Mac.

And the log-aggregate file which shows me the battery cycle does not exists either on my phone, no matter how long I have activated “share diagnostics with Apple”.

In this Apple official community many others have such problems too:
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/255623013?sortBy=best&page=8

I am curious if someone on this forum have such huge issues too?

Stiille

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2024
So many people I find when using google search for iOS 17.5.1 battery drain and battery health drop…

When is Apple doing something against this ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.