Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Steven SANH

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 27, 2023
Australia
Since I upgraded to iOS 17.5.1 the "Auto-Brightness" on my 14PM is not working correctly. I have tried turning it off/on and restarting the phone, but to no avail. It worked well in iOS 17.4.

Is anyone else experiencing these issues on the their phone or the 14PM? Is there any way of fixing this?

Also, when the lock screen comes on, the clock digits dim as expected, but then go even lower, that it is hard to read! (even in a dark room).

TonyC28

macrumors 68030
Aug 15, 2009
USA
Since I upgraded to iOS 17.5.1 the "Auto-Brightness" on my 14PM is not working correctly. I have tried turning it off/on and restarting the phone, but to no avail. It worked well in iOS 17.4.

Is anyone else experiencing these issues on the their phone or the 14PM? Is there any way of fixing this?

Also, when the lock screen comes on, the clock digits dim as expected, but then go even lower, that it is hard to read! (even in a dark room).
On my iPhone 13 Pro the brightness is acting weird. It seems like when I’m outside in bright light it’s taking an extra few seconds to adjust even though the slider shows brightness all the way up.

MK_ULTRA9105

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2024

Hey Steven!

I have exactly the same issue and it’s on exact same device - 14PM on 17.5.1, it’s really weird because sometimes it’s stuck so much that even when I hold the phone to the light the auto brightness will not budge. I noticed that locking and unlocking has some effect to correct it but not always.

Somehow happy to hear that I’m not the only one, since it seems to be software issue and not hardware, maybe they will fix it in 17.6.

Steven SANH

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 27, 2023
Australia
Hey Steven!

I have exactly the same issue and it’s on exact same device - 14PM on 17.5.1, it’s really weird because sometimes it’s stuck so much that even when I hold the phone to the light the auto brightness will not budge. I noticed that locking and unlocking has some effect to correct it but not always.

Somehow happy to hear that I’m not the only one, since it seems to be software issue and not hardware, maybe they will fix it in 17.6.
Hi, I had all the same issues, but after a week of using iOS 17.5.1, the auto brightness has seem to have stabilised now. So it was much of a relief. I hope yours is working fine now, as it's definitely software related.
I had a similar issue with Siri not working correctly when I first updated to 17.5.1, now Siri is working fine after a week. 👍

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.