Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VitoJr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 28, 2018
I am in the process of scanning a ton of old photos and have been using the iOS Image Capture program which routinely works well. I have come across some old B&W pictures (70-100 yrs old) and the automatic "Detect Separate items" is not performing accurately at all for these, presenting several smaller overlay selections within each image.

Is there a way to selectively delete some of them and keep one to manually resize? I know I can delete all selections and manually redo them individually - but it seems there should be a way to delete some and keep some to resize.

Thank you,

Vito

iMac M3
Sonoma 14.5
Image Capture 8.0

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
Click one of the round "handles" in the corner of one of the selections and hit delete. Hold the shift key down to choose multiple selections before hitting delete.

VitoJr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 28, 2018
That process didn't work for me- it repeatedly deleted all selections for all images.

What does work is clicking on white space which changes the images from the handles to a dotted line. At that point I can selectively delete and resize as needed for individual photos.

Thanks for responding.

Vito

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.