Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's iCloud Mail service is experiencing issues for the second day in a row, and Apple's System Status page says that the service may be slow or unavailable for some users.

General-iOS-Mail-Feature.jpg

The outage began at 5:06 a.m. Pacific Time, and affected users may not be able to access their mail until the issue is resolved, which is the same problem that the service was having yesterday.

Apple has not provided a timeline on when a fix might be available, but we'll update this article when the outage has been addressed. Yesterday's outage lasted for several hours, and has recurred twice now.

Update: Apple says that the outage has been resolved.

Article Link: iCloud Mail Experiencing Issues for Second Day in a Row [Update: Fixed]

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: antiprotest

larrylaffer

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2009
Los Angeles
Well, my iCloud email is working just fine. A few seconds ago, I got spam from Mod Pizza.. oh look, there's more spam from Fred Meyer... and something about a LastPass security breach...

Dammit, why isn't my email broken? I could use the break! 😁
Unrelated but Gmail's spam filter has become phenomenally bad over the last few months. It's incredible what kind of garbage is actually making it to my inbox.

And Boom

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2022
AWS has been having issues for the past two days. iCloud is built, in part, on AWS & GC.

swingerofbirch

macrumors 68040
Does anyone know how to get in touch with higher ups at iCloud?

I have not been able to use iCloud webmail since the redesign:

I remember in the MobileMe days there was dedicated support and engineers even had to go in once and look at my account specifically. I can't get anything like that through AppleCare now and I'm even an iCloud Plus member (not that that's a big brag).

It's literally been nonfunctional for me since the beta and through today with the redesign. I offered to send AppleCare the error code and they don't even want it.

• Haha
Reactions: Razorpit

Diamond Dog

Cancelled
Apr 6, 2018
Till now nobody explained the advantage of Mail iCloud ON – if you use IMAP/SMTP setting in your email accounts they are synchronized on every device automatically.
I don’t require a lot of “power features” for my email. My iCloud email is also a very simple username followed by “@me.com,” so it’s very easy to type and also relay to people verbally. So for me, given all of my devices that I want email on are Apple devices, I like being able to just sign into iCloud as I normally would and turn email on, versus setting up another account. So long as the email flows in, I’m content enough to not move to another provider— given the other major providers are either free but privacy nightmares or paid and not worth the cost for me given my low requirements for email.

Given these past couple of days, however…

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
Yeah I was going to say, Apple Mail has been working fine for me - I saw the notices about the outage but never had an issue. I have about 5+ emails going to my Apple Mail. (Domain through Apple, Fastmail, Gmail, etc).

SnappleRumors

Suspended
Aug 22, 2022
Does anyone know how to get in touch with higher ups at iCloud?

I have not been able to use iCloud webmail since the redesign:

I remember in the MobileMe days there was dedicated support and engineers even had to go in once and look at my account specifically. I can't get anything like that through AppleCare now and I'm even an iCloud Plus member (not that that's a big brag).

It's literally been nonfunctional for me since the beta and through today with the redesign. I offered to send AppleCare the error code and they don't even want it.

I dropped this into a text to Cook. He said he assigned it to Albert.

AF_APPLETALK

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2020
It’s actually iMessage that’s not working for me. Messages getting sent but not sync’d across devices.

Reactions: jazz1

iForgotten

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2022
iCloud is a nightmare if you ever get locked out of your..... iCloud!

I'll always go with a 3rd party email provider with 2FA.

Reactions: Mr. Heckles

shannongob

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2021
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
I am think I need to check my expectations. Given Apple is essentially promoting iCloud+ as a paid service service ie. pay for iCloud+ and you get extra storage and features… so so much regular downtime and unreliability is annoying the heck out of me.
I know the easy fix is to move providers but I’m so entrenched as Apple have promoted iCloud+ more and more.
Just a shame it wasn’t more reliable. *press “expectations reset” button*

JoshNori

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2022
It’s junk anyway. The web client is some weird, skeuomorphic 1992 app with more animations than functionality. Use ProtonMail… or Gmail if you have to. Would love if Apple’s email offering wasn’t worthless, but their obsession with forcing my hand onto Mail.app over the years made it the monstrosity it still is today. Even though they finally gave us the “official” ability to choose our mail client in the FIFTEENTH major release of their mobile OS. *eyeroll*

And developers still haven’t gotten the memo that “Contact Support” shouldn’t app-switch over to Mail!

Lopes

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2003
Is this still happening for anyone else? My iCloud email hasn’t worked correctly all weekend. It’s like the push functionality broke basically.

Reactions: JoJoDagam3r
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.