Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's iCloud Mail service is experiencing issues at the current time, and Apple's System Status page says that the service may be slow or unavailable for some users.

General-iOS-Mail-Feature.jpg

The outage began at 6:06 a.m. Pacific Time, and affected users may not be able to access their mail until the issue is resolved. Apple has not provided a timeline on when a fix might be available, but we'll update this article when the outage has been addressed.

Update: The iCloud Mail issue has been resolved.

Article Link: iCloud Mail Currently Experiencing Issues [Update: Fixed]

Last edited:

swingerofbirch

macrumors 68040

vegetassj4

macrumors 68000
Oct 16, 2014
Elon must have injected a Zero-Day exploit when he visited Tim Cook the other day. Hey Timmy, check out this cool screensaver, I can send it to you over Airdrop: TimCookRoolz.exe

Works for me. As an aside, what percentage of people actually use their @icloud.com address? I can count on one finger the number of times I've seen one in the wild. elon smith.jpg

Last edited:

Diamond Dog

Cancelled
Apr 6, 2018
Elon must have injected a Zero-Day exploit when he visited Tim Cook the other day.

Works for me. As an aside, what percentage of people actually use their @icloud.com address? I can count on one finger the number of times I've seen one in the wild.
I use my @me.com address as my primary email. Mainly because I use all Apple devices and it works nicely without additional setup, and because I like the very simple domain name.

mansplains

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2021
Works for me. As an aside, what percentage of people actually use their @icloud.com address? I can count on one finger the number of times I've seen one in the wild.
I use to use mine infrequently, but once iCloud+ added domain support I've been using my domains instead.

BeatCrazy

macrumors 603
Jul 20, 2011
Yeah, it's been doing stupid stuff all morning. Earlier, I couldn't forward messages and had some error about setting up my correct domain. Seems better now.

coolfactor

macrumors 604
Jul 29, 2002
Vancouver, BC
This article doesn't go far enough to explain the scope of the issue. iCloud Mail via IMAP in the Mail app seems to be working fine for me on several devices. No issues.

Is it just the web-based access that's affected?

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
Well I've been having very, very slow e-mail loading on my iPhone for the past couple of weeks. This happens sporadically and in different locations. I have both .me and .Mac accounts. I wonder if this is Apple's subtle way to get me to stop using .Mac email :p

ghanwani

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2008
iCloud mail isn't experiencing issues, it's been doing just fine all along. Users of iCloud mail are experiencing issues with it.

ghanwani

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2008
Well I've been having very, very slow e-mail loading on my iPhone for the past couple of weeks. This happens sporadically and in different locations. I have both .me and .Mac accounts. I wonder if this is Apple's subtle way to get me to stop using .Mac email :p
I think it might be time to upgrade your phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.