Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ghost31

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 9, 2015
I made a fitness focus and a meditation focus and I wanted to not be disturbed for both but I’m still able to get messages. I went in settings for the meditation focus and clicked “silence notifcations” and I’m still getting them. Is there a switch i didn’t flip or something?

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
Notifications from who? If they are people in your emergency bypass list then they will come through unfortunately.

Ghost31

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 9, 2015
Well damn. I was really hoping that was gonna be it. I must be doing something else wrong if notifications are going through during my meditations

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
^This. And other apps as well.

And under Apps, make sure "Time Sensitive" is off.

And under People, "Allow Calls From" to be "Allowed People Only" and don't list anyone in People.

And the "Silence Notifications" needs to be Always. Not sure what some of the canned Foci are as I deleted most of them but guess all/most that have "Silence" pertains only to allowing Notifications if/when the phone is unlocked or not. Not a general "silence everything" type option.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.