Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iHorseHead

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 1, 2021
Hi!
I'm pretty sure I've got clothes moths. I see them flying around sometimes, so I bought a poison, deep cleaned as much as I could, including my closet and I didn't see any of them. I pretty much poisoned my entire apartment, yet yesterday I saw 2 of them (one in a corridor, the other one in the bathroom) and I sprayed poison that I bought on them. I kept looking at one of them and it kept struggling for awhile and eventually it just flew away. I'm not sure whether the poison is even working on them.
Anyway, I closed all of my closet and I dnd't see any of them. I cleaned everything with vinegar and soap as well and I'll do it again when I have a day off from work, but the fact that I still saw two of them is a major red flag. I couldn't find the source of the infestation nor do I know where they came from.

I washed all of my clothes with 40C (I read online that you have to do it 90C), but I'm afraid to ruin my clothes. Any tips on getting rid of the moths? It's the first time I've ever had moths. I don't see many of them but sometimes I do see some, but I'm guessing if you see some of them you've got an infestation somewhere.

fatTribble

macrumors 68000
Sep 21, 2018
Dayton
I’m no expert but I’d try traps instead of the sprays. You probably don’t want poison sprayed inside your place. Put any clothes you can in sealed plastic boxes.

Reactions: iHorseHead
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.