Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Subliminal87

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 4, 2015
so I have my new m3 MBA, what do I use to clean the display? I bought the cleaning cloth but for better cleanings, what can I use? swoosh? or whatever its called?

Chevyguy2021

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2017
I would use a brand new microfiber cloth. I bought a pack on Amazon for like $5 for 10 or 15 and simply toss them after use. Great for wiping down tvs as well

krspkbl

macrumors 68020
Jul 20, 2012
I have this cloth

iu

It's the best glass cleaning cloth I've ever used. I don't like the normal micro fibre cloths that are very fluffy and leave lots of lint. This cloth and a touch of water is enough. Looking on Amazon it's ~£20 for a 5 pack so quite expensive but worth it. If you're gonna buy a tiny overpriced Apple cloth then this isn't really a problem. You get 5x400mm cloths for the price of Apple's lol.

I use it for anything with glass. My Air, my OLED tvs, my tempered glass PC case, windows, etc.

I wouldn't be using any kind of cleaning product on a MacBook display. A small drop of water is all you need.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.