Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

timidhermit

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 6, 2011
I am buying an used iPhone X running iOS 16.7.8 that supposedly had a brand new battery replaced by Apple according to the seller. However, in the settings, there was no service record at all, including one stating that there was a genuine battery. This is true whether or not iCloud is signed in or not with the original owner's ID.

I seem to recall that service record for the device can be seen under iOS 15.2 and higher, even for iPhone X (not just for iPhone 11 and higher). Can someone elaborate on this?

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
I wouldn’t get too particular.
If the battery health is good and the price is right, just get it. 3rd party batteries aren’t necessarily evil. Most of them are fine - and the X you’re interested in probably does have an  battery.

timidhermit

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 6, 2011
Service history is only available on iPhone XR/XS and newer.
Are you sure about this? My roommate had an iPhone X a while ago which had a screen replaced by Apple after it cracked. The settings on the phone showed a service record showing the screen replacement.

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
Are you sure about this? My roommate had an iPhone X a while ago which had a screen replaced by Apple after it cracked. The settings on the phone showed a service record showing the screen replacement.

Yes.

XR/XS or newer to show a battery replacement. 11 or newer to show replacement display. An X won't show service history at all.

Reactions: Andeddu
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.