Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lokes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2024
Hey!
I have about zero tech knowledge and already contacted the Apple Support, but they could not help me with this.
On Sunday most of my pdf files disappeared from my iPad, most of them have been downloaded in the last couple months and all of them have been edited by me, either by writing in them or marking certain phrases. Only those have disappeared, all pdf files which I‘ve never written in still remain the same.
The disappeared files are only visible in ‚Recents‘ and neither in their respective folders nor in ‚Recently Deleted‘, but can‘t be opened, renamed, copied or moved from there on. I am able to see their size and the date I downloaded them, but not their path/where they should be located. They don‘t have a preview like all the others but are instead just a white page with ‚pdf‘ on it.

A friend of mine guessed that this might be a result of the latest update to 17.5.1, which failed to sort edited pdfs to the right new path and they are therefore no longer in their folders.

If anyone has any ideas or knows how to deal with this to get the files back, any help is greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_1212.jpeg
    IMG_1212.jpeg
    376.3 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_1215.jpeg
    IMG_1215.jpeg
    174.3 KB · Views: 29

lokes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2024
btw this is a video I took for the apple support to show that no command works and the path can‘t be calculated

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.