Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thecautioners

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 5, 2022
My daughter’s SE2 is set up with my phone by family setup. During the setup process it did find and connect to our home wifi, but I turned wifi off to make sure cellular worked. Cellular worked. I went back to wifi settings to turn it back on and my home network wasn’t there.

It’s been a couple days and the watch is still not discovering the home network. I’ve tried a forced restart of the watch twice and no change. All the Google info I can find applies to watches that are fully paired to the user’s own iPhone, so I’m not sure what to do. I can’t take it to the Apple Store because, obviously, my home network isn’t there. It does discover neighbors’ networks and oddly the signal from my printer.

I’d like the watch to be on wifi while at home since cellular drains the battery so fast. I’m very frustrated :(

I tried resetting my phone’s network settings, toggling airplane mode on both devices, turning Bluetooth off and on, turning off cellular on the watch… I’m not sure what else to try.

Bichon

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2019
You haven't said anything about your home network. I'd log into the wifi router and make sure you haven't accidently selected the option to hide your wifi SSID, and also try rebooting it.

thecautioners

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 5, 2022
You haven't said anything about your home network. I'd log into the wifi router and make sure you haven't accidently selected the option to hide your wifi SSID, and also try rebooting it.
I can try resetting the router. If it matters, all other devices find and connect to our network—my AW, iPads, all phones, Roku tv

Howard2k

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2016
Could also try to remove the wifi network from the phone and add it back.

mk313

macrumors 68020
Feb 6, 2012
Also, I THINK that the watch will only connect to 2.4 Ghz wifi networks and not 5 Ghz ones (or possibly vice versa, it's been a long time since I've seen that). Make sure that your router supports them both (or at least whichever one works with the watch)

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
If you have Apple Watch Series 6 or later, you can connect to 2.4GHz or 5GHz Wi-Fi networks. Apple Watch Series 5 and earlier, and Apple Watch SE, can connect only to 2.4GHz Wi-Fi networks.

Reactions: mk313
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.