Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Cockney Rebel

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 16, 2018
I’m debating buying another style of 3 in one wireless charger.

My current one works just fine, but I fancy one with a design that enables the iPhone to display information when it’s charging (my current one lies flat.)

However, I’m hesitant, because I’m not sure if the new iPhones (which I will be upgrading to) will enable faster wireless charging.

Thanks in advance.

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
The way I kind of see it - If you need to charge the phone fast, use a wired connection (not wireless).
I don’t see wireless charging speed as that important unless it’s painfully slow.

Reactions: Jackbequickly

The Cockney Rebel

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 16, 2018
The way I kind of see it - If you need to charge the phone fast, use a wired connection (not wireless).
I don’t see wireless charging speed as that important unless it’s painfully slow.
I have a Belkin three in one charging dock.

Contemplating getting another one (different design) but don’t want to do that, if the charging speeds of the 16 iPhones have increased wireless charging speeds.

NT1440

macrumors Pentium
May 18, 2008
I use mine on the nightstand.

If I need quick charge for some reason I use a cable.

I don’t personally see why someone looking for the fast charge would be using wireless in the first place. Physics dictates the wired charger will always be faster.

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
Mines on the nightstand too; I couldn’t care less what the speed is as long as it’s charged when I wake up.

Jackbequickly

macrumors 68030
Aug 6, 2022
Wireless charging will always be slower than plugging it in. If you are interested in speed, dump the wireless charger.

Reactions: MacCheetah3
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.