Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

B&H Photo has a new series of specials on Apple devices going on today, including sales on MacBook Pro, 2018 iPad Pro, and the Mac Pro.

bh-mac-sale.png
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Low prices on the MacBook Pro start at $1,149.00 for the 13-inch MacBook Pro from 2019 (1.4GHz, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD), down from $1,299.00. This sale is being matched at Amazon and Adorama.

There are a few 2018 iPad Pro models on sale, starting with the 64GB Wi-Fi 12.9-inch model at $899.00, down from $999.00. For more storage, the 256GB Wi-Fi model is priced at $999.00, down from $1,149.00. These aren't quite lowest-ever prices, but they are among the best deals you'll find online this month.

If you're interested in the 11-inch iPad Pro from 2018, you can get the 256GB Wi-Fi model for $799.00, down from $949.00. The 256GB cellular model is discounted to $949.00, down from $1,099.00.

Lastly, there are a few Mac Pro models being marked down this week, which we've rounded up below, along with a sale on the Apple Pro Display.
If you're on the hunt for more discounts, be sure to visit our Apple Deals roundup where we recap the best Apple-related bargains of the past week.

Article Link: Deals: B&H Photo Offering Discounts on MacBook Pro, 2018 iPad Pro, and Mac Pro in New Sale

dazz87

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2007
2018 Ipad Pro on apple.com(when its in stock) is a much better price comes with the same warranty. I think it was what $649.00 for the 256GB vs 799....

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Down to only $16,999 for an outdated 16-core Xeon (AMD is kicking their teeth in), 1TB SSD (lol are you kidding me), and RAM that you could just upgrade yourself easily for several hundred dollars? LOL. At least it has two Vega II's in it, although Nvidia has better offerings as well and you could upgrade those yourself for less. Between being outdated at launch, a ridiculous price, and an ongoing global economic meltdown and pandemic, I don't see Apple selling many more of these. Expect many more sales in the coming months.

bpeeps

Suspended
May 6, 2011
What states are tax free from B&H? Been getting tax from them for the past 3-4 years out here in Cali.
You need to apply for the B&H credit card, they'll give you the sales tax back on it. Just make sure to pay your bill in full, the interest rates are astronomical. The credit hit isn't worth it imo.

citysnaps

macrumors G5
Oct 10, 2011
What states are tax free from B&H? Been getting tax from them for the past 3-4 years out here in Cali.

All are, I'm in California as well. And use B&H's credit card where the the tax is credited off the total (which includes sales tax). California and other states still get their tax from B&H.
[automerge]1589486055[/automerge]
Only if you open a store credit card with them with 30+% APR.

Not a problem for me. I use credit cards all the time and always pay the balance off in full. Have been doing that for decades.

nvmls

Suspended
Mar 31, 2011
Down to only $16,999 for an outdated 16-core Xeon (AMD is kicking their teeth in), 1TB SSD (lol are you kidding me), and RAM that you could just upgrade yourself easily for several hundred dollars? LOL. At least it has two Vega II's in it, although Nvidia has better offerings as well and you could upgrade those yourself for less. Between being outdated at launch, a ridiculous price, and an ongoing global economic meltdown and pandemic, I don't see Apple selling many more of these. Expect many more sales in the coming months.

Right!

Although don't forget Apple has a boatload of fanboys willing to throw their money at them.

citysnaps

macrumors G5
Oct 10, 2011
Yup, APR is (effectively) irrelevant if you pay off the card every time you use it.

Last time I paid interest on a card was in my early 20s and wanted to establish credit. To do that required running up some occasional balances to pay over time to establish credit worthiness.

Reactions: deeddawg

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
Can’t imagine they’ll have a lot of takers on that 2019 MacBook Pro. Hard to see how that‘s a better option than a 2020 air with i5 and 256 GB for $1100. All of these recent sales on last-gen MacBooks don’t adequately account for the fact that storage doubled on the 2020 base models.

magbarn

macrumors 68030
Oct 25, 2008
Sadly we're never going to get an affordable Mac Pro with upgradable internals, so Hackintosh is your only bet, but requires a bit more effort than what most are willing to put into it. (I don't think anyone has been able to do a good/stable Ryzen hack as there's no Apple hardware using it)
[automerge]1589487898[/automerge]
Not a problem for me. I use credit cards all the time and always pay the balance off in full. Have been doing that for decades.
Not worth the hit to the credit. Besides buying Apple hardware from B&H is bad due to the zero return policy on them. They're still decent for camera stuff though...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.